Young Writers Society

Pig Nap

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 pm
LadySpark says...

So, for English I had to write a silly essay about
:Write a newspaper article convincing a sleepy pig to become invisible:
Needless to say, I had so much fun with it! This is not serious. It's supposed to be silly and funny.
Hey You! Yes, you. Oh, my! I can see you're very sleepy. I am quite sorry, but I must have your attention for one second. I have a very important announcement. Yes! Extremely important. So, listen up.

Are you a pig? If you are, you must be quite sleepy. Sleepy pigs are sad. But I know how to fix all your problems! Yes, you read right! Your problems can be fixed.

Become invisible!
Government officers have released it's actually possible. So, if you want to you can cure all your sleep urges by, yes, becoming invisible!

Sleepy pigs be gone, for now, you have no excuses. You can get a job, go to the mud hole and even drive with this new way to be awake and alert!
And it isn’t even that hard! All you have to do is fill out a form and call us at (1800)-234-4565 for a consultation.

Not all pigs will be accepted. We reserve the right to deny pigs the right to become invisible.
We also reserve the right to have pigs impounded for inappropriate behavior in our offices.
Please use this program at your own risk. If you stay invisible longer than you would like, you can’t blame us.
We are in no way responsible for any harm caused to you during this program. If you experience
insomnia, you can not take us to court.
Judges will side with us, believe me.

Remember to call for your consultation.

Become invisible today!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 pm
remember20 says...

We reserve the right to deny pigs the right to become invisible.

This is just one of those lines I fall in love with when I read them. I mean I like to imagine this as a stand-alone line without the rest of the work, and it will be unfailingly hilarious. Great work.

Government officers have released [do you mean "realized" as in "discovered" or "released" as in "released classified documents proving that" it's actually possible. Be clear! Like an invisible pig!

Sleepy pigs begone, for now, you have no excuses. You can get a job, go to the mud hole and even drive with this new way to be awake and alert!

I just imagine a car driving all by itself and there being an invisible pig at the wheel. It's fantastic. What a fun assignment.
Keep invisiblizing your porkers,

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm
youngwolf1105 says...

Lol, I wish my English essays were that much fun. But shouldn't you use paragraphs? Other than that, I didn't see anything wrong with it.
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina