z

Young Writers Society

The Efforts We Make

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:35 pm
IdEaBoNe says...

When attempting to climb the mountain towards your dream, you’ll encounter some rough, steep corners while enjoying some smoother and easier routes. Despite all the efforts we make to reach our goals, it’s the hard and rough spots that make a place in our hearts. We can never forget those heart-wrenching and utterly sour moments. Nonetheless, no matter how awful and hurtful those moments can be, they are our sole up lifters which bring the happy, sweet and merry moments. We fall, stagnate and are sometimes plagued with ache however, with the right attitude and outlook; these things help us go all the way in life. These are our hidden motivators.

At some point in life we tend to feel lost, inferior, hated and dejected. Our self-esteem goes down to negativity and our future looks blur. Not a long time from now, I remember locking myself up in my room, curled up in my sheets, hugging myself, feeling like a piece of dirt. I felt so inferior to the world that had diamonds and other precious stones to notice, each different in sizes and shapes but with a purpose –at that moment, I felt so insignificant, as though I didn’t have a part to play at all. I cried and felt my heart ache with each tear that departed my eyes. I knew the sun was shining out there and people were having their days in the sun, being recognized and approved of, but I didn’t feel like pulling up the blinds. I’ve had enough. I couldn’t take the failures and feeling of lowliness any longer. Just when I thought I’d pulled myself back up, life shoved me down on the ground.

I remember studying hard for the upcoming exams, taking part in as many extra-curricular activities as possible; only to get the recognition I had long-desired. True, my report didn’t hold the most noteworthy of marks and letters but, to me, they shone with pride with the outcomes of my hard work. Nevertheless, this wasn’t enough for the world I resided in. I look next to me and see my friends’ report card, shining with A stars so brightly, it hurt my eyes to tears. She asks me about mine but I’m reluctant to declare my result, knowing that they’d give me the ‘Oh you’re dumb, maybe that’s why you got that. But don’t worry; it’s what you deserved in the first place.’ It’s really tough to be friends with people who are better than you in so many ways –despite all the fun you have with them.

At the end of the day, I realized that no matter how extremely painful and bitter those moments were, feeding on the negative wasn’t going to get me anywhere but depression and suicidal thoughts. At that very moment, the grass didn’t look greener on the other side but, I decided to hop over the fence and make it green myself, with my blood, sweat and tears. I wasn’t going to lose in the battle against life because I believed in myself and my potential. If life decided to throw dirt at me then, so be it. I’ll turn that dirt spec by spec into pearls and dwell within them.

Now, at present, I’m practically almost halfway toward reaching my goals. But, in my mind, I’m already standing at the top, taking in the feeling of pride and glory, which then motivates me to persevere till my last breath. Yes, I’m not on the charts of ‘Most Accomplished’ yet but, I’m still working on it. Let’s not forget that one quote that guided me through my tough times:

“I passed some exams and failed a few whilst my friend aced it all. Today, he’s one of the top notch engineers at Microsoft and I’m the owner.” –Bill Gates

The one that’s given the sharp blade will prosper for some time. But, the one who’s given the dull, rusty blade will hone it; peel the dirt off bit by bit with determination and hard work, eventually turning his blade into a shining sword. So, in conclusion, all you’ve got to do is keep on believing in your dreams and no matter how many times life pushes you down, you should have the will to get back up. Believe it!
This world is a dream,
Only the one who sleeps considers it real.
Then death comes like dawn,
And you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.
–Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:09 pm
bryan says...

Right from the start i was drawn to reading this, and thats one of the most important things a writer should know how to do. You have to be able to provide your readers with an almost instant intrest so they continue reading and these first two lines do just that for me.
IdEaBoNe wrote:When attempting to climb the mountain towards your dream, you’ll encounter some rough, steep corners while enjoying some smoother and easier routes. Despite all the efforts we make to reach our goals, it’s the hard and rough spots that make a place in our hearts.

I also want to touch on this too. Alot of times advanced writers forget the basics of writing because they are so highly intelligent they only focus on sounding that way in whatever it is they write. That sometimes presents a problem in understanding such material. With that being said, great job contributing to your thesis and transitioning into the next paragraph.
IdEaBoNe wrote:At some point in life we tend to feel lost, inferior, hated and dejected. Our self-esteem goes down to negativity and our future looks blur.

This is also creating a a conflict that you can elaborate on and the reader can make a direct connection and that alone forces him to want to read on and find the solution so wonderful job.
This type of writing could be motivational to anyone who meets the descriptions and thats great that you have the talent and willingness to want to help or inspire people. Overall this was a great inspirational piece and i encourage you to keep writing these types of works because alot of people don't understand how good it feels to be able to read something that explains how you feel and in the same reading, gives you the solutions for your problems great job keep it up.
*Imperfection Perfects the Heart*

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara