z

Young Writers Society

The dresden files by Jim Butcher

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Okay anybody read any of these?

I just read the first one... Storm front, I'm starting to read now fool moon.

To people who careYes it has magic, yes it has vampires (werewolfs and all that other stuff)

It is VERY funny, time to time a bit odd and well you know...... pe**y

It has some sick scenes where the author tell what has happened to a victim of a crime. The books are classified as horror/fantasy/humor/detective story
Last edited by Lord Anzius on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:21 pm
Layleun says...

What a coincidence! I'm on the third book, now. As a matter of fact I just stopped reading to come on the computer =P They really are amazing books. I love em so far.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:14 am
Jiggity says...

I've known of them for a while now, but have yet to read them. I saw an episode of the TV show - based on the books of course - on the Sci-Fi Channel yesterday and it was really, really well done. Got me interested, so now I'm going to read the books.

He has written another fantasy series - more traditional in nature - called the Furies of Calderon. It's really good as well
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:18 pm
View Likes
roboninja says...

amazing series! on of my faves, i am reading turn coat (the last one) with my dad now and it's gripping. each book has a well thought out plot with twists and action and an excellent writing style that both gives amazing detail and reflects upon the character's personalities as to give the reader a perfect understanding of not only their apperaance and mannerisms, but their entire persona. i love them and would definately recomend them to anyone!
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? no, I'm thinking what I'm thinking

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 pm
View Likes
Lethero says...

I've read all 12 Dresden File's books. I would say Dresden File's is a mix of Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes with adult humor. The entire series is good, and funny especially when Dresden is being a smart ass towards people who are stronger than him and want to kill him. So far, The Dresden File's is a twelve book series and each one is better than the last. I recently got book 12: Changes, and it has a really unexpected ending, but I know that it's not going to end there based on what happened through the entire book.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:27 pm
Zekkie876 says...

A new novel, Ghost Story, is coming out, but I don't know when

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs