z

Young Writers Society

Your Fantasy Wedding (or real)

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:31 am
Galatea says...

Sab: Hand-Fasting is the Wiccan equivolent of marriage. The couple's hands are fasted together, symbolically with ribbons or twine, for eternity, and that night they usually perform the Great Rite--that is, intercourse within a sacred circle as an physical sign of their devotion--as an offering to the Maiden. Music, bonfires, flowers, dancing...it can be a really beautiful ceremony, and with more and more High Priestesses being officially ordaned, it is possible to find someone to perform the ritual. Its a very very old tradition, dating back to early Paganism in the British Isles.

Last edited by Galatea on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:07 am
Carmina says...

Thanks Snoink
I reject your reality and substitute my own

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:40 am
Areida says...

Aww... congratulations, Carmina! That's exciting.

I love this topic... I'm such a sappy romantic, and I'm really looking forward to marriage. I want a somewhat small wedding. Probably around 100 or so. 200 tops. Crowds make me nervous, especially when I'm sort of the hostess because then I have to be responsible for them and I'm just a natural worrier anyway. :roll:

I want to be married in a very pretty, very simple church. I would get married outside, but then the weather would just be an extra thing for me to stress about. I'm wearing a long, elegant but simple white gown. Possibly long-sleeved but kind of sheer. I've actually considered wearing my mom's gown because it's so beautiful and very classic.

Haven't picked out colours or anything, because it will probably depend on the season. Don't know about flowers either. I love roses, but those are too pricey, so that's not likely to happen.

I'm not sure where I want to have my honeymoon. Either Disneyworld or Rome, LOL. Big difference there, huh?

And Nai-- That is too sweet. You rock.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:54 am
Sam says...

I suppose I should try to find a husband first...then plan the wedding...:P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

798 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:26 am
Areida says...

Yeah... me too, Sam... but I'm just weird like that.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

128 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:31 am
Galatea says...

It changes a lot from year to year, however. Once, I wanted a sailor wedding. Then in Washington Park, near where I grew up. Now I'm sure I want a hand-fast, not a traditional wedding. But the location? I love sunflowers, so as I said that would be nice. And a LOT of people. I love people. But simply calling a circle among a few friends and family members in my own backyard might be just as wonderful.

Oh. I want a New Moon too. It's good luck.

Its not unusual for young girls to have planned their weddings. We're encouraged to get married by a lot of outside influences. I wouldn't worry about it tho, Arei, for at least another 6 or 7 years.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

798 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:42 am
Areida says...

Yeah, that's definitely the minimum. I have no delusions of being married before the age of 21. Even 23 seems really young to me. There's so much living to do during that time... But even if I have to be engaged three years, I'm not getting married until I graduate college. Nuh uh.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 am
bubblewrapped says...

Personally, I dont plan on getting married. But if I were, I'd like a gorgeous black dress with a fitted bodice and a full skirt, my hair loose, my fiance in pale grey/silver, and everything decorated in silver, white and black. Everything kind of dramatic and windswept. Why? I havent the faintest idea. There would be only about 50 people or less (ha - as if I know that many) and it would be outside in autumn on May 23 (my birthday). Somewhere gold-and-red and very romantic. And the bridal bouquet would be red roses.

I am so weird. LOL.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

128 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:05 am
Galatea says...

Outside, in autumn, on May 23?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:28 am
bubblewrapped says...

I live in New Zealand. May = autumn here. September = spring. Think opposite-land ^_^
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Reviews: 3
Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:35 am
alcina says...

I would prefer something small and intimate with just family and very close friends. I would love to do it in the spring somewhere next to the ocean. The rest of the details doesnt make a difference to me. I just know I want something small. My family has a tendency to throw huge, extravagant weddings, which I hate. Its normal by us to have over 400 ppl, that would actually be a quite small wedding. I want a lot more smaller, not more then 100 guests.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:44 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Even though I'm adamant that I'm not getting married if someone does manage to spike my drink/drug me then is stupid enough to propose my wedding would have an oriental/chinese them to it.

I'd have a dress like my prom dress only instead of blue and gold it'd be pure white silk and gold leaves embroidered into it with gold around the edges of the dress. I don't know if I'd have long sleeves or no sleeves to show my tattoo off, probably none so I can wear a gold and amethyst bracelet on my left arm. I'd also wear knee high leather white boots because I hate shoes - trainers or boots only. And trainers would just look a bit out of place with that kind of dress.

It'd also have to be outdoors preferrably in show XD - I think it'd be wrong for me to marry in a church because of my beliefs etc so now I have to try and figure out a non religious ceremony...it's just as well I'm not getting married. :roll:

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:55 pm
Elizabeth says...

Well to begin with.
This is my wedding with Vernon *points to Vernon who then waves*
So pretty much, this is the only time I'll be posting here :D
Let's get started.

I don't want to choose any bloody napkins, I don't give a care if they're eggshell or creame' or meh.
I want it to be in a lovely church... and considering I haven't gone to church in years, I honestly don't care.

I want to lose weight so I can fit a wedding gown that is specially designed and I can actually AFFORD it... I have a drawing, I'll post it somewhere.
And I want a nice cleaned up groom (no mustache yet). Tartan kilt! Tartan kilt! (ahh life is grand)

I want all my family to be there.
I want all my friends to be there.
I want only 1 blender for a gift.

I want a giant cake to serve all of the guests. Perferably in this one design... I found in a magazine (I'll post that around later too) It's tall and it has all these little yellow and blue and red roses budding out this way and that, it's lovely.

And... the reception...
I don't know....

And the honeymoon....
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW PERVERTS??!?! :P

Well all I know is when the priest sayd You may now kiss the bride, I'll faint.
It'll be too much loveliness to bear.
And when I get back up (stop reading here EMMA) It'll be a nice long kiss and everybody will go Awwww.

There, I said it.
I SAID IT!!!

---Elizabeth

128 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:02 pm
Galatea says...

I want cupcakes ^_^

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:31 pm
Emma says...

The Black Rose wrote:Well to begin with.
This is my wedding with Vernon *points to Vernon who then waves*
So pretty much, this is the only time I'll be posting here :D
Let's get started.

I don't want to choose any bloody napkins, I don't give a care if they're eggshell or creame' or meh.
I want it to be in a lovely church... and considering I haven't gone to church in years, I honestly don't care.

I want to lose weight so I can fit a wedding gown that is specially designed and I can actually AFFORD it... I have a drawing, I'll post it somewhere.
And I want a nice cleaned up groom (no mustache yet). Tartan kilt! Tartan kilt! (ahh life is grand)

I want all my family to be there.
I want all my friends to be there.
I want only 1 blender for a gift.

I want a giant cake to serve all of the guests. Perferably in this one design... I found in a magazine (I'll post that around later too) It's tall and it has all these little yellow and blue and red roses budding out this way and that, it's lovely.

And... the reception...
I don't know....

And the honeymoon....
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW PERVERTS??!?! :P

Well all I know is when the priest sayd You may now kiss the bride, I'll faint.
It'll be too much loveliness to bear.
And when I get back up (stop reading here EMMA) It'll be a nice long kiss and everybody will go Awwww.

There, I said it.
I SAID IT!!!

---Elizabeth

*coughs* Okay............. xD

My wedding... If I could have a wedding, I would have it on holiday, so I'll get married with a great tan and great weather. I would love to get married in spain... I want everyone I know to be there, and I want hundreds of pictures taken...

And I want a chocolate wedding cake...

I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm