z

Young Writers Society

Love

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:44 pm
winie603 says...

Love, is gentle Love is nice... ( drum beat)

maybe a little sorrow so you may cry,....(drum beat)

But I advise take my way.

Don't spend your life another way!

Hear my word, hear me cry!

Take him on( on is said high and long) the swing and rise!

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:49 pm
Poor Imp says...

'Lo again, Winie.

It looks as if you've got lyrics here, not specifically Lyric poetry. So I'll move it the right forum.

As to the piece itself: You have a general sentiment about love. That's all right; it could be the theme of a song or piece of poetry. But it's hard to get much feel for it when it's only a few phrases 'defining' love and telling one what to do with it.

Illustrate it. Show the reader what it looks and sounds and feels like. What images do you get, thinking of it? could they fit into words?

Try it, anyhow. I think it'll make this stronger; and a better read and write. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:37 pm
Rydia says...

To say that this was only short, I actually found it repetetive but that's probably because you end two lines with way and two with cry. This song needs more imagination, it needs description and it needs to be a bit longer. What you have so far is pleasant enough but it does need quite a bit of work.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:20 am
Twit says...

Try adding in a similie or a metaphor. Like, paint a picture of your ideas on love. Is it good? Bad? A waste of time? It's nice that you put in what's going on in the background, like the drums and how you say "on" and all. :D

It is very short, though. Is there a specific tune that this goes to? If it's a song you're writing, you might find it easier to base the words on a tune you already know. For example, in the wars, when soldiers made up songs, they used tunes that they already knew, like "Oh, Susanna" or "Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue" or "Auld Lang Syne".

Try that, and I hope this helps.

-Twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:48 pm
October Girl says...

I don't think this belongs in "lyric poetry" more of just poetry, I like it, it's down to the point and it did not bore me, whivh is good, you don't want to annoy the reader :D just thought I'd let you know.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:03 pm
Zalex says...

That's a really good peom

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore