I been leaving you baby,
ever since we first met.
I been leaving you baby,
it just aint happened yet.

Who knew that a girl like me
would take you on such a ride?
If you knew what I’d do to you
you’d a had to run and hide.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music.
Those who fit well into their world don't generally go about changing it.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 am
roxywriter1573 says...

Oh my goodness that is AMAZING!! Brava brava! :) So much emotion and I could feel the way she felt. It was amazing :D

Keep on Writing
-Roxy
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
-Confucious

FoxyRoxy <3
Don't judge a book by it's movie
Lisa, vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos
-Homer Simpson

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:22 am
Razcoon says...

I'll go ahead and assume that this is unfinished. ^^

FLyerS wrote:My first kiss was a goodbye kiss,
my my my first word was goodbye,
you can%u2019t keep me to yourself, no
no matter how hard you try, OHHHH

I'm afraid to say I'm not too fond of this stanza. Saying a word, in this case "kiss", twice in one line is a little distracting and also kind of annoying. Repeating "my" thrice seems like a filler, as though you couldn't think of anything else to lengthen the line. As for the third line, it's too telling. Uninteresting. And as for crying "Ohhhh" at the end, it doesn't seem like an emotional enough song to get away with that kind of thing, and also a forced rhyme with "no".

FLyerS wrote:I been leaving you baby,
ever since we first met.
I been leaving you baby,
it just aint happened yet.

I've never been fond of speaking in a grammatically incorrect way, purposefully, in lyrics. "I been" can easily be changed to "I've been" and it wouldn't take anything away from the song, except for maybe that pet peeve. It's unnecessary and, again, distracting.

FLyerS wrote:Who knew that a girl like me
would take you on such a ride?
If you knew what I'd do to you
you'd a had to run and hide.

Well, you said earlier you're always leaving, so I assumed a "girl like you" always left, and thus, you would expect that kind of girl to "take you on such a ride". Though I would change that wording, personally, because rides are generally thought of as fun or crazy, and this is neither. It's just leaving. The rhyming, again, seems forced, and it would do this piece some good to get a little more creative.

I know how hard it is to write lyrics, but that doesn't mean I'd go easy on you. xD And I didn't, but I hope I wasn't too harsh, y'know? Nevermind that this isn't my kind of music anyway. I think it would benefit you to incorporate your thoughts and feelings into your writing a little more. This piece was absolutely telling, and I couldn't get into it at all. It isn't very strong through the words, and the lyrics are the most important thing in the song, not the melody, unless the lyrics are vague and can be interpreted several ways. I hope to see you take some of my advice in the future.

Keep on writing!

>>Annie<<
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm
FLyerS says...

Thanks for the review. It's funny, though, you say the lyrics should be "I've been" but in normal speech (at least around where I live) "I been" is just how I talk! It didn't even register that "I've been" was a possibility!
This song is unfinished. I actually tried to delete something, but I couldn't, so I just replaced it with whatever I could find.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music.
Those who fit well into their world don't generally go about changing it.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 am
LiesOnLies says...

promiscuity is degrading. Anway, this was okay even though it's not finished. I also fail to understand why you rated it 18.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:10 am
werewolfgirl says...

I like it, there is definitely emotion, and I can really imagine music, it isn't one of those songs with an indistinct mood, Good Job!

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:41 pm
Cailey says...

My first kiss was a goodbye kiss,I agree with the kiss/kiss repetition. Though, depending on how the song sounds it could work.
my my my first word was goodbye,
you can’t keep me to yourself, noI don't like the no here.
no matter how hard you try, OHHHH

I been leaving you baby,I've been...
ever since we first met.Ouch, cruel. I like it. :)
I been leaving you baby,
it just aint happened yet.Ain't= bad grammar! Of course,since this is a song and it had to fit the rhythm and all, it works and sounds good. But still.

Who knew that a girl like me
would take you on such a ride?I don't really like these two lines...
If you knew what I’d do to you
you’d a had to run and hide.? I think you could find a much better way to say this. Maybe, "you would have run and hid." Just something to consider. All in all, good job. :D
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality