Journal Entry One: Aulani:

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 pm
RWMcKinleys says...

Journal Entry One
10/1/01

Aulani

I’ve been having these dreams about a boy who never sleeps. About the end of times as we know it approaching from somewhere beyond the darkness, I can hear the screams of horror as somewhere off in the distance destruction begins to take its toll on humanity. The world as we know it has gone dark, the sun has faded away. All that is left is the sensation that you could be the next to die, that you could be the next one to fall into the unknown abyss, six feet under from everyone else. I toss and turn in my sleep like an uncontrollable earthquake sweating as I scream for help. But no one can hear me, no, I can’t move as if I am paralyzed. I try over and over to move but nothing is working. I start to breathe heavy my heart beating faster; I only wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

With a quick burst of energy my eyes flick open; my body is no longer paralyzed. I swing upward covering my hands with my face. I feel the tears that have wanted to release stream down my eyes. Somewhere in the house I hear the sounds of footsteps rushing toward my door, the handle starts to shake and my door pops open. My father with a worried look on his face rushes towards me. I look deep into his eyes before even trying to speak. But he quickly shushes me as his hands wrap around me, holding me tightly… reassuring me he will never let go. I am not quick to calm down, but I know he is my savior. I know my father is here to serve and protect my mother and me.

I am you’re average sixteen year old daughter. You’re average gossip queen and best friend. The one who has always been there for you when you’ve needed me the most, and I always will be. This is my own journal to free my expressions. I am Aulani.

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 pm
1wasprt says...

I really like these kind of stories. The only thing that I would improve is how descriptive some of the story is. In the beginning when you mention the boy, I didn't really understand that. I would recommend maybe giving a hint as to what you mean by that, and maybe tell us what the boy looks like or what you see in this dream. I can't wait to hear what you have next, so please post soon.
He who is without sin may cast the first stone.
~John 8:7

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 am
SlyNightOwl says...

:)I found the first entry (yay) and it sounds just as good as the first. I spotted nothing incorrect, grammar-wise, unless I missed it from being caught up in the story(; Hopefully that isn't the case and your just that good. Keep writing, your stories are very enjoyable.
Rah, rah, ree, kick em' in the knee. Rah, rah, rass, em' in the... OTHER KNEE!

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero