z

Young Writers Society

Reruns

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:41 am
lin night says...

Edited 4/5 - cut a few cuss words

Sitting on the big brown couch that smells like pot and pee and semen in Ben’s basement with Ben, Al, and Al’s girlfriend Sam. I am smoking a cigarette and shooting a Nerf basketball into or near a ten-dollar cardboard hoop on the laundry room door. Al, clad in T-shirt and Adidas stretch pants, is lying lazily on the carpeted floor against the couch sucking the last drops from a can of Bud Light. He peers through the top as if it’s a telescope. Ben and Sam are sprawled lazily on the couch beside me, Sam in the middle, Ben on the side. Ben is wearing a crumpled green and red striped shirt with collar and dark blue jeans, sufficiently dirtied from lack of washing. Sam has a tight fitting and revealing blue top complimented by what has to be the tightest pair of khakis I have seen. Slut, I think to myself. She gave me head once while I was driving her home from a party; Al stayed there, probably fucking another girl. I didn’t ask her to, she just unzipped my pants at a red light and started stroking. I couldn’t control what happened next.
The TV is tuned to an entertaining rerun of Maury – the placard at the bottom of the screen reads: I’M REALLY A MAN! I’m only half playing attention. All of a sudden Ben exclaims: “Man I’m fucking bored as fuck. Let’s smoke some reefer!”
I shrug. “Whatever.” I have it so often it doesn’t matter to me.
“Screw that shit, man. Weed is so fucking high school.” Al sneers and tosses his beer can lazily on the carpet beside him.
“Well fuck you you fucking Bud Light motherfucker. Go suck some dick or something then.”
Sarah giggles manically at this comment then says, “Count me in.” Satisfied, Ben jumps up and rushes into the laundry room. I crush the cigarette between my fingers. It makes a bloody burn but I hardly feel it. Seconds later, he comes out triumphantly carrying a small plastic baggie filled with Grade-A imported marijuana. He holds it up to his nose. “Beautiful.” He tosses the baggie to me. I pretend to smell it. “Seems nice.”
“Give me that!” Ben snatches it back, slides a square from his back pocket, begins rolling a joint…
…Still throwing the basketball. It feels good. Just chilling.
“Shit. This is…I mean…good shit.”
“God… it feels so gooooood…it feels like…it feels like I’m having a fucking orgasm…”
“Hot…”
“What the fuck are you doing? Get your hands off her!”
“Duuuuuude…it’s not me.”
“Don’t touch her!”
“You’re drunk Al… Just lie down…relax…”
“Yeah.”
“Ow! What was that for?”
“You fucking grabbed her tit!"
“Whatever man. It’s not my fault. She’s like…coming onto me and shit.”
“Get off the couch!”
“It’s my house asshole.”
“Al …fucking, like, chill out. He bumped into me. You’re so fucking drunk.”
“I drank one beer. That’s it. I’m not fucking stoned out of my mind.”
“What? Are you—are you saying I’m stoned out of my mind?”
“No, I’m not! Get a clue. Jesus.”
“You get a fucking clue! Asshole! You fucking asshole!”
Sarah is crying. “You’re so mean to me all the time. I haven’t done anything and you’re so mean to me. I don’t understand!”
Al doesn’t respond.
“Al, don’t be a goddamn dick. Apologize.”
“I’m not going to apologize.” Al looks at Sam, slightly teary-eyed himself. “I’m not going to take this anymore. I know you fucked them. Both. So fuck you.” He spits in her face and heads for the stairs…
…”Good, he left. Fucking cocksucker. Wasn’t he a cocksucker, Phil?”
“Yeah. He was.”
Sarah is despondent.
“Shit man, I’m blazed. Carlos never fails to deliver.”
“Isn’t he in jail?”
“He is? Shit. He better not rat me out.”
“He got busted for having sex with a thirteen-year old. It was a date rape, I think. Found drugs and shit in the car.”
There is a pause then Ben suddenly bursts out laughing. “A date rape! That’s funny as hell! Fucking figures, Carlos. Remember high school man? Those were some great times.”
“Yeah. Seems so long ago, though.”
“It’s close. I can grab it.” Ben grasps in the air for something that isn’t there.
“Pass the joint.”
“Where the fuck the joint go?”
“You rolled it. You had it. We passed it around in a circle, remember? And you’re the first person in the circle. The joint goes… to you.” I point in his direction.
“I lost it. Goddammit, I lost it. I’m so fucking stupid!” He begins smacking himself hard on the forehead. I reach across and grab his arm. “It’s not worth it, dude.”
“No man, you don’t understand. You don’t understand. I don’t think we smoked the right stuff. I’m all fucked up and shit and it doesn’t make any sense cause I’m never like this when I’m high. Never, never, never, never, never, never. I need to see the joint so I know it’s the right stuff.”
“There it is.”
“Where? Where is it?”
“I don’t know. I thought I saw it but it disappeared.”
“Is it still lighted? Fuck man, if it’s still lighted it’s going to set the carpet on fire. We gotta find it.”
“So find it.”
“You’re such a fucking lazy fuck, man.”
“Look who’s talking. It’s not my house.”
“Fuck it, man. I got nothing to live for.”
“Right on.”
“I hope my parents come home and find me all burnt and melted and shit. And there’s fucking like flies flying around my skull. That’d be funny.”
“Funny.”
I don’t feel so talkative anymore. The fluorescent light above us is flickering. I put my hand around Sam’s head and bring her face to mine. Her hair is long and smooth. I kiss her soft, moist lips. I lick the tears dry and insert my tongue. She is taken aback at first but sinks into it. Her eyes are closed. I reach my hand underneath her blouse and bra and feel her breast. She moans softly. Ben notices and proceeds to neck her. He unzips her khakis and gropes underneath.
We take turns, spending on and in her. She is barely conscious the entire time. At the end, Ben gives her a box of tissues to clean up. I take a piss. When I come out, he whispers “Shit man, what if she gets pregnant?”

Random avatar

Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:35 am
lin night says...

Well I don't want to sound like a looooser but can I have some critiques plz?

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:03 pm
Duskglimmer says...

It's not generally the kind of thing that I read. Honestly, I don't know what I'm supposed to come away thinking, besides the fact that everyone involved in this is completely out of it.

But just ignoring the actual storyline, for a moment... I'm not sure whether this girl's name is Sam or Sarah. You seem to jump back and forth between the two names, and I'm not even sure if it IS the same girl.

And in this section:
“Shit. This is…I mean…good shit.”
“God… it feels so gooooood…it feels like…it feels like I’m having a fucking orgasm…”
“Hot…”
“What the fuck are you doing? Get your hands off her!”
“Duuuuuude…it’s not me.”
“Don’t touch her!”
“You’re drunk Al… Just lie down…relax…”
“Yeah.”
“Ow! What was that for?”
“You fucking grabbed her tit!"
“Whatever man. It’s not my fault. She’s like…coming onto me and shit.”
“Get off the couch!”
“It’s my house asshole.”
“Al …fucking, like, chill out. He bumped into me. You’re so fucking drunk.”
“I drank one beer. That’s it. I’m not fucking stoned out of my mind.”
“What? Are you—are you saying I’m stoned out of my mind?”
“No, I’m not! Get a clue. Jesus.”
“You get a fucking clue! Asshole! You fucking asshole!”
Sarah is crying. “You’re so mean to me all the time. I haven’t done anything and you’re so mean to me. I don’t understand!”
Al doesn’t respond.
“Al, don’t be a goddamn dick. Apologize.”
“I’m not going to apologize.” Al looks at Sam, slightly teary-eyed himself. “I’m not going to take this anymore. I know you fucked them. Both. So fuck you.” He spits in her face and heads for the stairs…
…”Good, he left. Fucking cocksucker. Wasn’t he a cocksucker, Phil?”
“Yeah. He was.”
Sarah is despondent.
“Shit man, I’m blazed. Carlos never fails to deliver.”
“Isn’t he in jail?”
“He is? Shit. He better not rat me out.”
“He got busted for having sex with a thirteen-year old. It was a date rape, I think. Found drugs and shit in the car.”
There is a pause then Ben suddenly bursts out laughing. “A date rape! That’s funny as hell! Fucking figures, Carlos. Remember high school man? Those were some great times.”
“Yeah. Seems so long ago, though.”
“It’s close. I can grab it.” Ben grasps in the air for something that isn’t there.
“Pass the joint.”
“Where the fuck the joint go?”
“You rolled it. You had it. We passed it around in a circle, remember? And you’re the first person in the circle. The joint goes… to you.” I point in his direction.
“I lost it. Goddammit, I lost it. I’m so fucking stupid!” He begins smacking himself hard on the forehead. I reach across and grab his arm. “It’s not worth it, dude.”
“No man, you don’t understand. You don’t understand. I don’t think we smoked the right stuff. I’m all fucked up and shit and it doesn’t make any sense cause I’m never like this when I’m high. Never, never, never, never, never, never. I need to see the joint so I know it’s the right stuff.”
“There it is.”
“Where? Where is it?”
“I don’t know. I thought I saw it but it disappeared.”
“Is it still lighted? Fuck man, if it’s still lighted it’s going to set the carpet on fire. We gotta find it.”
“So find it.”
“You’re such a fucking lazy fuck, man.”
“Look who’s talking. It’s not my house.”
“Fuck it, man. I got nothing to live for.”
“Right on.”
“I hope my parents come home and find me all burnt and melted and shit. And there’s fucking like flies flying around my skull. That’d be funny.”
“Funny.”

I have no idea who is saying what in this section. All the dialouge came really fast and there was nothing to link any of it to any specific person.

This is however very realistic. I can very easily imagine seeing a similar situation happening in real life. So excellent job there.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:38 am
lin night says...

Whoops. I revised this several times without once realizing I used two different names. But I like how it works.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:17 pm
Rei says...

The beginning is all right. It's all very believable. But when the narrative drops out and all you have is dialogue, it's kind of hard to follow since you don't know who is saying what. I've only ever read one author who has been able to carry on scenes like that with more than two people and not get confused. I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to get out of reading this.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:57 pm
Acid_Fairy says...

i dunno if it was just me but i think maybe you overdid the swearing. it helps to bring out the character and all that but if it was me anyway i'd tone it down just a little. but then maybe it's just me!
Angel now- Devil forever ;-P

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14