z

Young Writers Society

A Peeled Orange

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:29 am
alwaysawriter says...

Hi guys. This isn't suppossed to make sense. It's for the contest Jen (JFW1415) has pressured everyone into entering but we love her for it anyway. This contest: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic65714.html#p725812 . It's horrible; that's the point. Oh, and for those who don't know about it: ENTER! You only have about half an hour after I post this but try to make it. :)

---

It started with an orange. It was a peeled orange, to be exact, but it was an orange. I'd just finished peeling it with the intention of eating it, which is funny, seeing as I hate oranges, but I peeled it regardless.

A few minutes after peeling the orange, in which I was just sitting on a kitchen stool and staring at the unrequired peeled orange, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and a clown stood with a neon pink umbrella and a half eaten pie. He was cowering and glancing at what I figured to be his own shadow.

"Why're you cowering?" I questioned.

"I--I'm scared of that thing!" His voice wavered and although I knew it had to be his shadow, prompted him anyway.

"Of what?"

"That--that thing! My shadow!"

I held back a laugh as I opened the door for the umbrella, pie, and coward of a clown.

It ended with a cat. A yellow, meowing tabby, to be exact. I'm sure it was a neighbor's cat but the staring and the meowing was creeping me out. I'd never liked cats; always considered them evil creatures.

It was still meowing as I closed the door.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:50 am
lilymoore says...

OMG, Always, I haven’t seen you in forever! *pounces*

Well, you definitely did a good job of getting all of the prompts in there. Because this was mostly for humor, I won’t be too picky but I do have to say, you really jumped from “and coward of a clown.” All of a sudden to “It ended with a cat.” I was kind of like: huh?

But that didn’t stop me from enjoying it. And I think I shall post my entry for this now too. :D
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

157 Reviews

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:01 am
alwaysawriter says...

I knows, Lily! *is pounced on and hugs*

Yeah, I wrote it in like ten minutes. It's all good. :P

It has offically ended on Jen's time but the rest of you have 'til 11:59:59 pm your time on the 22nd so, if you have time, write and PM!

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:29 am
borntoshop says...

I really like it too! Very creative and random...made me laugh. I agree with Lilly when it jumped around abit,
but i liked it anyway. Well done! :D
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:11 pm
aidyl says...

nice story. like it bcos its abstract n creative.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:20 pm
EdgarAllanPoe says...

I loved your story! Very awesome.
Feelings restrained;
Devils remain;
Paranoia is part of the blame.

157 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Thank you guys!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 pm
angel007angel says...

This is the most random, funniest things I've on here. It's so silly and crazy it made me lol so much. You're a good writer, especcially for making something that isn't supposed to make sense, actually makes sense. You're good. :D
And I love how an orange is included in it, as I love oranges.
See, I can relate to you, I'm random too.
- angel007angel x

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg