z

Young Writers Society

Hidden by Darkness (title change?)

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:40 pm
MidnightVampire says...

Ok, I know this is a very fast beginning, but it sorta needs to be like that. Um please read and review.Please try to hang in, I know this is sorta a rough scene.I"m trying to edit on starry's critique. So, hopefully that will make it better. sorry it sucks so much.

In a valley that only the gifted could see was a castle. The castle partially surrounded by a deep lake. A lake that would be the deepest in the world if mortals knew about it. There are four rulers to the valey, their names are Dayton, Daun,Twila and Luna. Each ruler rules at one part of the day, loosing all power after that point in time is over.In the castle two women talked to each other, both of which were one of the four rulers of the valley.

“So we will go in almost at the end of twilight and take them down. Am I correct?” One of the rulers said, her name was Luna. She wearing a black cape with stars that fell and moved as she did. She had pure black hair that could be seen having stars dancing a crossed it.

“Of course we will, Luna. Our plans still have not changed, but may I remind you that I can do nothing but fight after twilight,” The other ruler said, her name was Twila. She too was wearing a cape, but hers had the colors of twilight, changing colors every once in a while. Her hair was purple that changed its shade with every passing minute.

“Good. Now this valley will be ours and we will be able to change anything as we please. We will set the boundaries. We will say when the time changes. We will be the ones that are bowed to. We will rule!” Luna raised her voice on this last sentence, but careful not to alert anyone about anything suspicious. “Twila, I can tell your nervous, but worry not. This valley and everything in it shall be ours.”

“Thank you, Luna,” Twila said, “Now we must be hurrying, twilight will be ending soon.”

Both of the rulers hurried down the hall, quieter and deadlier than any ninja. They both stopped by a door where they heard people talking.Luna looked cautiosly inside. There was a window that had a view of the lake that partially surrounded the castle, a mantle was above a fire place with a sword on it.

“Well, it looks like Twila won’t be ruling anymore. Now it’s Luna’s shift. Doesn’t it feel odd not being able to change the color of the sky, or how a tree looks like?” A male voice said from the other side of the door.

“I know how you feel, Daun,” a different man was saying. Their voices were getting closer, heading towards the door that Luna and Twila were standing by.

“Hey boys,” Twila and Luna said at the same time, blocking the only exit in that room except for the windows.

“Oh hello Luna, Twila,” Daun greeted. Twila and Luna took a step forward, still blocking the exit and glared. A smirk crossed Luna’s face as she thought of their future.

“W-what’s going on?” the first man who had spoken stammered.

“Oh, nothing, Dayton. Not that you haven’t figured out. We’re over-throwing you,” Luna said, and with a grin of satisfaction on her face she kicked him into the back wall, under the mantle piece with the sword. She waved her hand at the sword and it came crashing down.

"Guards!"Dayton yelled as he scrambled out of the way.

"They're not coming," Twila said simply."They're on our side now."

While Luna was battling Dayton, Twila was enjoying her battle with Daun.

“Why are you doing this?” Daun asked.

“I want more power. Don't you ever want to have a little more power? I want people to bow to me, me and Luna. We should be the true rulers. We have more power than you, only the strongest should rule.” Then Twila punched him in the face. Usually the fight would have been done minutes after the fight started, but since Twila had no power it was harder. She couldn’t make things move with the flick of her wrist. She also couldn’t pull her cape around herself and disappear. Instead she was left punching and kicking someone. Twila swung another punch and missed. She was knocked down by Daun, who then pinned her to the ground.

“You don’t have to do this,” Daun said, “We can act like this never happened, if you just give in.”

“You’re too nice,” Twila observed, “Besides, why would I want to be on the good side. It’s always so boring.” Twila struggled to get out from under his pin. Then she bit him on the hand. Daun cried out in pain lifting his hand to his mouth. Twila seized the moment and pushing on his chest and pinned him to the ground. “Did that hurt?” Twila asked, “Well, too bad!” Twila punched him in the face.

Luna was enjoying this all too much. The sound of Dayton’s wheezing as he got to his feet, the blood running from his nose. She loved it. Luna had been knocked down, and there was a gash running across her nose where Dayton’s dagger had cut her. She got up effortlessly; the fact that it was night gave her extra power.

“Dayton, Dayton, Dayton, when will you learn to just give up?” Luna asked. Dayton looked up. He looked tired, he felt tired, and Luna knew it too. Dayton grabbed the sword that had almost killed him earlier in the fight. He walked steadily towards Luna. When Dayton was only a couple feet away from Luna he stopped. Luna looked at the sword, then Dayton, and smiled. The sword was pulled away by invisible hands, slowly the sword rotated itself and soon Dayton had the sword pointing at his neck. “Sit down or be killed. It’s your choice,” Luna said.

Dayton was forced to sit down. Rope slithered itself around him and he was tied up, watching glumly as Daun fought Twila.

“Twila, Please,” Daun said as he dogged yet another punch.

"Save it!” Twila said. Daun threw a punch that hit Twila in the stomach; she bent over breathing hard. She felt something cut her arm. Twila looked at her arm, a stream of red went down it, “You’ve got bad aim,” she whispered.

“I can’t kill you Twila. I just can’t do it; I’m not a cold-blooded killer. All I can do is injure you, and even that’s hard for me,” Daun explained. Twila looked down at the floor; she didn’t have much energy, her legs were screaming for her to just give in. Daun tackled her at that moment; Twila didn’t even try to get up. She just lay there, ignoring the weight of Daun, not even feeling the punch that hit her jaw. Twila felt as if all hope was lost, a fly about to be eaten by a spider. Trapped.

“May I join this fight?” Luna said behind Daun. He was about to get up and fight her, but stopped when he felt something sharp against his back. “Or do you just give in?’

“I don’t think I have a choice,” Daun said. Ropes wound themselves around Daun, knocking the arms out beneath him. He fell, and Twila rolled out from under him before he fell.After he fell, Daun felt blood run freely from his nose.

“Your right,” Twila said, “You don’t.”

Daun and Dayton were on the floor, tied up, starring helplessly at the ceiling. Dayton fought to get himself into sitting position, “What has happened to the woman I loved?” Dayton asked Luna.

“Y-you loved me?” Luna asked sweetly and innocently as if she hadn’t just tied him up.

“Yes, Luna. Of course I love you,” Dayton said.

“Well, then that changes everything,” right as Luna said this Dayton felt the ropes begin to slack and watched as he was unbound. “I'm so, so, so sorry. If I had any idea you loved me I wouldn't have hurt you. It's just, I wanted to rule the valley, I wanted a little more power. I'm afraid I got a little greedy. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." A tear fell down her cheak.

Dayton walked forward, hugging Luna, and was about to give her a kiss when she quickly pulled away and elbowed him hard on the head, making him land on Daun. Dayton and Daun had hit their heads against another and were both out for the count. “Like I’d ever love you,” Luna scowled. She wiped off the tear and looked at the two figures; a grin of delight as ropes bound Dayton once more.

“We did great,” Twila boasted, “The valley will be ours!” Twila walked to the window and looked at the stars above.

“Actually,” Luna said gravely, “You won’t be ruling this valley.” Maybe because of shock or maybe Twila just couldn’t move quickly enough, but Luna had pushed her out the window and into the lake before she realized what had hit her. Luna walked to the window.

“I shall rule,” Luna whispered as she watched a splash from below.
Last edited by MidnightVampire on Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

70 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 70
Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:37 pm
Derek says...

There are alot of problems with this...i mean a lot
since your 12 (acording to your profile) i don't expect to much
since your grammer skills are probably 4th or 5th gra
de maybe.

i'll point out a few things

Confussing Dialouge
No back drop
No description
Too fast
Grammar mistakes everywhere
Spelling errors
Punctuation errors
Lack of point
Forced conversation
No drama
No meaning

and so much more
i'm sorry that you got such bad feedback since your a newb
but that how it is here
you learn from your mistakes
i used to be terrible and got a lot of crap but now i write better then i used to

Good Luck!

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:02 pm
MidnightVampire says...

Ok, a)I'm in seventh grade! Not 4th! I was in fourth grade when I was 8 or 9. and b)It didn't help much, just made me feel as if I wasn't to kill the computer (which isn't such a bad idea judging that my computer sucks) and c)if you really want to help me, then give me some detail, I mean you say all these things that are purely insulting, yet you don't explain. could you at least try to be nice? Your just like a teacher saying 'you suck at math' but not helping that person.

Right now it seams pointless to have this piece here, but truly it is a major scene for the rest of the story. I have to admit spelling and grammar are not one of my strong points, but please, be nice, as you said before "I'm only twelve"

Sorry it seams as though I'm ranting, but that was just rude. (or at least it hurt a lot). There is a difference between criticism and insulting someone.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:04 pm
starrynight89 says...

Hello,

Just came by to drop a review. HOpe you don't mind that I attach my reviews whenever the posts are long.

Alrighty, PM me with any questions or concerns. :)

Bye,

--starry :D

Attachments
Midnight_Vampires.doc
PM me if you can't open it!
(56.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 pm
NightsDreamer2277 says...

Personally I like it, but giving a bit more background would be perferred. The only other thing is that it gets a bit confusing during the fight scene. Other than that, when's the next part coming? :)
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:30 am
Sleeping Valor says...

^_^ Since you've been reading mine I thought I'd read yours. Comments on the overall story are at the end.

In a valley that only the gifted could see was a castle. The castle was partially surrounded by a deep lake; a lake that would be the deepest in the world if mortals knew about it. There [s]are[/s]were four rulers to the valley (Maybe it would be better to say 'the valle had four rulers;'), their names [s]are[/s]were Dayton, Daun,Twila and Luna. Each ruler rules at one part of the day, loosing all power after that point in time is over. In the castle two women talked to each other, both of which were one of the four rulers of the valley. (It might flow more to just say: 'In the castle, two of the rulers talked to each other:')

“So we will go in [s]almost at[/s]near the end of twilight and take them down, am I correct?” One of the rulers [s]said[/s]asked, her name was Luna (We kind of already know her name, try 'the ruler named Luna asked'). She was wearing a black cape with stars that fell and moved as she did. She had pure black hair that could be seen having stars dancing a cross[s]ed[/s] it.

“Of course we will, Luna. Our plans still have not changed, but may I remind you that I can do nothing but fight after twilight,” The other ruler[s] said[/s]replied, her name was Twila. She too was wearing a cape, but her's had the colors of twilight, changing colors every once in a while. Her hair was a purple that changed its shade with every passing minute.

“Good. Now this valley will be ours and we will be able to change anything as we please. We will set the boundaries. We will say when the time changes. We will be the ones that are bowed to. We will rule!” Luna raised her voice on this last sentence, but was careful not to alert anyone about anything suspicious. “Twila, I can tell you're nervous, but worry not; this valley and everything in it shall be ours.”

“Thank you, Luna,” Twila said, “Now we must[s] be[/s] hurry[s]ing[/s], twilight will be ending soon.”

Both of the rulers hurried down the hall, quieter and deadlier than any ninja. They both stopped by a door where they heard people talking.Luna looked cautiosly inside. There was a window that had a view of the lake that partially surrounded the castle, a mantle was above a fire place with a sword on it.

“Well, it looks like Twila won’t be ruling anymore. Now it’s Luna’s shift. Doesn’t it feel odd not being able to change the color of the sky, or how a tree looks like?” A male voice said from the other side of the door.

“I know how you feel, Daun,” a different man was saying. Their voices were getting closer, heading towards the door that Luna and Twila were standing by.

“Hey boys,” Twila and Luna said at the same time, blocking the only exit in that room except for the windows.

“Oh hello Luna, Twila,” Daun greeted. Twila and Luna took a step forward, still blocking the exit and glared. A smirk crossed Luna’s face as she thought of their future.

“W-what’s going on?” the first man who had spoken stammered.
(just observing, but you don't tell us they are the rulers, even though we know that's who they are. Have you considered introducing them right away like you did the girls?)

“I shall rule,” Luna whispered as she heard a splash from below.

Interesting story. I like the twist at the end. My advice for you regarding the plot is to explain how the power works a little better. I would have thought that they ruled over a certain time because they were born with that power and not because of an agreement type thing, so I can't help but wonder how they can take each other's power. I'd definitely suggest a little bit more background story to ease readers into understanding the nature of the struggle.

Otherwise, good work. ^_^ I didn't see that any serious mistakes after the first little part I edited here. Hope this helps you to improve your story!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:52 am
~Volant~ says...

Interesting plot and characters, but it does lack a lot of things.

MidnightVampire wrote:“Why are you doing this?” Daun asked.

A bit of a cliche, doncha think, mate?

MidnightVampire wrote: “I want more power. Don't you ever want to have a little more power? I want people to bow to me, me and Luna. We should be the true rulers. We have more power than you, only the strongest should rule.” I think this would sound better as it's own little paragraph, don't you? lol Then Twila punched him in the face. that should, also.Usually the fight would have been done minutes after the fight started, but since Twila had no power, it was harder. She couldn’t make things move with the flick of her wrist. She also couldn’t pull her cape around herself and disappear. Instead, she was left punching and kicking someone. Twila swung another punch and missed. She was knocked down by Daun, who then pinned her to the ground.

MidnightVampire wrote:“You’re too nice,” Twila observed, “Besides, why would I want to be on the good side. It’s always so boring.”

First off, observed sounds too serious. To me, it sounds like she's being sarcastic. Second on, no true villain believes that he is evil. Can you think of any historical figures who have done horrible things that thought themselves evil? No. Each an every one of them were trying to make a the world a better place. Even if their ideas of a better place were twisted considerably.

MidnightVampire wrote:“Dayton, Dayton, Dayton, when will you learn to just give up?” Luna asked. Dayton looked up. He looked tired, he felt tired, and Luna knew it too. Dayton grabbed the sword that had almost killed him earlier in the fight. He walked steadily towards Luna. When Dayton was only a couple feet away from Luna he stopped. Luna looked at the sword, then Dayton, and smiled. The sword was pulled away by invisible hands, slowly the sword rotated itself and soon Dayton had the sword pointing at his neck. “Sit down or be killed. It’s your choice,” Luna said.

Dayton, Dayton, Dayton, and more Daytons. I can see the first three, but after that, there are still too many Daytons. since the other character's female, you can just say he and she once you say their name in the paragraph.

MidnightVampire wrote:“Twila, Please,” Daun said as he [s]dogged[/s] dodged, mate. dogged means determined. yet another punch.

MidnightVampire wrote:"Save it!” Twila said. I believe this also needs it's own paragraph. Daun threw a punch that hit Twila in the stomach; she bent over breathing hard. She felt something cut her arm. Twila looked at her arm, a stream of red went down it, “You’ve got bad aim,” she whispered.

MidnightVampire wrote:“I can’t kill you Twila. I just can’t do it; I’m not a cold-blooded killer. All I can do is injure you, and even that’s hard for me,”

and

MidnightVampire wrote:“I don’t think I have a choice,” Daun said.

Would someone really say this? I mean, think about it. No one would blurt out their thoughts as if they were written in a book. Try to tell us what was happening. Don't only depend on your characters to get the point across.

MidnightVampire wrote:Ropes wound themselves around Daun, knocking the arms out beneath him. He fell, and Twila rolled out from under him before he fell.SPACEAfter he fell, Daun felt blood run freely from his nose.

MidnightVampire wrote:Daun and Dayton were on the floor, tied up, starring helplessly at the ceiling. Dayton fought to get himself into sitting position, “What has happened to the woman I loved?” Dayton asked Luna.

“Y-you loved me?” Luna asked sweetly and innocently as if she hadn’t just tied him up.

“Well, then that changes everything,” right as Luna said this Dayton felt the ropes begin to slack and watched as he was unbound. “I'm so, so, so sorry. If I had any idea you loved me I wouldn't have hurt you. It's just, I wanted to rule the valley, I wanted a little more power. I'm afraid I got a little greedy. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." A tear fell down her cheak.

Dayton walked forward, hugging Luna, and was about to give her a kiss when she quickly pulled away and elbowed him hard on the head, making him land on Daun. Dayton and Daun had hit their heads against another and were both out for the count. “Like I’d ever love you,” Luna scowled. She wiped off the tear and looked at the two figures; a grin of delight as ropes bound Dayton once more.

What's the purpose of this, really? It only confuses the reader, especially since it moves so fast. Either rewrite this totally, or delete it. It doesn't really work.

MidnightVampire wrote:Dayton walked forward, hugging Luna, and was about to give her a kiss when she quickly pulled away and elbowed him hard on the head, making him land on Daun. Dayton and Daun had hit their heads against another and were both out for the count. “Like I’d ever love you,” Luna scowled. She wiped off the tear and looked at the two figures; a grin of delight as ropes bound Dayton once more.

I didn't believe this. First, she used her elbow to hit his [/i]head?![/i] that wouldn't knock him out, really. Maybe some thumb-jabs at the base of the neck, or both palms to both temples, but an elbow doesn't really work. And neither does the bonking-heads thing. Dayton might get knocked out, seeing that he might've hit the back of his head, but Daun would be very much concious, all be it a little dazed and/or stunned.

MidnightVampire wrote:“Actually,” Luna said gravely, “You won’t be ruling this valley.” Maybe because of shock or maybe Twila just couldn’t move quickly enough, but Luna had pushed her out the window and into the lake before she realized what had hit her. Luna walked to the window.

“I shall rule,” Luna whispered as she watched a splash [s]from[/s]from below.

heh. I looooved the ending! That's tight. It tells a lot about your character. Good job on that!

Your characters are 2D to me. They just don't seem real, mostly because the dialouge they use is unrealistic. Also their motives, as I said with the I-love-being-evil thing. And what does Luna think she's going to do with two very alive, has-been rulers? It would seem that her character would just kill them to prevent any possibilities of them reclaiming the throne the same treacherous way she had. It's a little too fast, also.

Slow it down, mate! No need to shove it all down our throats at one time! lol. Though you do have to be wary of going too slow, you'd be suprised how patient your reader can be. Think about it as a highway; a car going twelve mph would bug the hair out of the other drivers, but so would a car going ninety. Go at around 45-60 mph, maybe even 70, and you won't bug or scare anyone. lol.
Where are we going?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Aedomir says...

I have no idea whether this was intentional but look at this charcters:

Dayton - Day

Daun - Dawn

Twila - Twilight

Luna - Moon

If that wasn't on pruprose that's creepy lol. I liked the ending, I thought that was really clever.

I like the idea of a load of power-crazed people, I think its funny.

Great story, and definate character development. I think the pace if fast, but a good speed for the plot.

Keep writing!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:40 pm
Chirantha says...

Wow, now certainly, this is a gripping story. No matter what the others say, I think your characters were great. They were unexpectable. Good names by the way, although the name Luna was a bit er.....oh, I don't know. But I suppose you put that name so that it depicts the meaning "the moon"

Okay, enough praises. Onto mistakes,

In a valley, that only the gifted could see, was a castle. The castle was partially surrounded by a deep lake. A lake that [s]would be[/s] ([would have been) the deepest in the world if mortals knew about it. There [s]are[/s] (were) four rulers to the valley,(.) [s]t[/s](T)heir names[s] are [/s](were) Dayton, Daun,Twila and Luna. Each ruler rule[s]s[/s] (ruled) [s]at one part of the [/s] (for a specific time period of a) day, loosing all power after that point in time is over.[s]In the castle two women talked to each other, both of which were one of the four rulers of the valley.[/s] (In the castle, two of the rulers were talking to each other)

“So we will go in (,) almost at the end of (cut either "almost" or "the end of") twilight and take them down. Am I correct?” One of the rulers said, her name was Luna. She wearing a black cape with stars that fell and moved as she did. She had pure black hair that could be seen having stars dancing a crossed (across) it.

“Of course we will, Luna. Our plans still have not changed, but may I remind you that I can do nothing but fight after twilight,” The other[s]ruler said, her name was Twila[/s]("the ruler named Twila said"). She too was wearing a cape, but hers had the colors of twilight, changing colors every once in a while. Her hair was purple that changed its shade with every passing minute.

“Good. Now this valley will be ours and we will be able to change anything as we please. We will set the boundaries. We will say when the time changes. We will be the ones that are bowed to. We will rule!” Luna raised her voice on this last sentence, but being careful not to alert anyone about anything suspicious. “Twila, I can tell your nervous, but worry not. This valley and everything in it shall be ours.”

“Thank you, Luna,” Twila said, “Now we must be hurrying, twilight will be ending soon.”

“Oh hello Luna, Twila,” Daun greeted. (you didn't mention the door opening) Twila and Luna took a step forward, still blocking the exit and glared. A smirk crossed Luna’s face as she thought of their future.

“W-what’s going on?” [s]the first man who had spoken stammered.[/s] (stammered the man who had first spoken)

“Oh, nothing, Dayton. Not that you haven’t figured out. We’re over-throwing you,” Luna said, and with a grin of satisfaction on her face she kicked him into (onto) the back wall, under the mantle piece with the sword. She waved her hand at the sword and it came crashing down.

"Guards!" Dayton yelled as he scrambled out of the way.

"They're not coming," Twila said simply."They're on our side now."

While Luna was battling Dayton, Twila was enjoying her battle with Daun.

“Why are you doing this?” Daun asked.

“I want more power. Don't you ever want to have a little more power? I want people to bow to me, me and Luna. We should be the true rulers. We have more power than you, only the strongest should rule.” Then Twila punched him in the face. Usually the fight would have been done minutes after the fight started, but since Twila had no power it was harder. She couldn’t make things move with the flick of her wrist. She also couldn’t pull her cape around herself and disappear. Instead she was left punching and kicking someone. Twila swung another punch and missed. She was knocked down by Daun, who then pinned her to the ground.

“You don’t have to do this,” Daun said, “We can act like this never happened, if you just give in.”

“You’re too nice,” Twila observed, “Besides, why would I want to be on the good side. It’s always so boring.” Twila struggled to get out from under his pin. Then she bit him on the hand. Daun cried out in pain lifting his hand to his mouth. Twila seized the moment and pushing on his chest and pinned him to the ground. “Did that hurt?” Twila asked, “Well, too bad!” Twila punched him in the face.

Luna was enjoying this all too much. The sound of Dayton’s wheezing as he got to his feet, the blood running from his nose. She loved it. Luna had been knocked down, and there was a gash running across her nose where Dayton’s dagger had cut her. She got up effortlessly; the fact that it was night gave her extra power.

“Dayton, Dayton, Dayton, when will you learn to just give up?” Luna asked. Dayton looked up. He looked tired, he felt tired, and Luna knew it too. Dayton grabbed the sword that had almost killed him earlier in the fight. He walked steadily towards Luna. When Dayton was only a couple feet away from Luna he stopped. Luna looked at the sword, then Dayton, and smiled. The sword was pulled away by invisible hands, slowly the sword rotated itself and soon Dayton had the sword pointing at his neck. “Sit down or be killed. It’s your choice,” Luna said.

Dayton was forced to sit down. Rope slithered itself around him and he was tied up, watching glumly as Daun fought Twila.

“Twila, Please,” Daun said as he dogged yet another punch.

"Save it!” Twila said. Daun threw a punch that hit Twila in the stomach; she bent over breathing hard. (describe a little more of what she felt. Describe if she felt like throwing up or really did throw up or something) She felt something cut her arm. Twila looked at her arm, a stream of red went down it, “You’ve got (a) bad aim,” she whispered.

“I can’t kill you Twila. I just can’t do it; I’m not a cold-blooded killer. All I can do is injure you, and even that’s hard for me,” Daun explained. Twila looked down at the floor; she didn’t have much energy, her legs were screaming for her to just give in. Daun tackled her at that moment; Twila didn’t even try to get up. She just lay there, ignoring the weight of Daun, not even feeling the punch that hit her jaw. Twila felt as if all hope was lost, a fly about to be eaten by a spider. Trapped.

“May I join this fight?” Luna said behind Daun. He was about to get up and fight her, but stopped when he felt something sharp against his back. “Or do you just give in?’

“I don’t think I have a choice,” Daun said. Ropes wound themselves around Daun, knocking the arms out beneath him. He fell, and Twila rolled out from under him before he fell.After he fell, Daun felt blood run freely from his nose.

“You[s]r[/s](are) right,” Twila said, (maybe, wiping her sweaty forehead?) “You don’t.”

(Both) Daun and Dayton were on the floor, tied up, starring helplessly at the ceiling. Dayton fought to get himself into sitting position, “What has happened to the woman I loved?” Dayton asked Luna.

“Well, then that changes everything,” right as Luna said this Dayton felt the ropes begin to slack and watched as he was unbound. “I'm so, so, so sorry. If I had any idea you loved me I wouldn't have hurt you. It's just, I wanted to rule the valley, I wanted a little more power. I'm afraid I got a little greedy. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." A tear fell down her [s]cheak.[/s](cheek) (And also, how can tears come out if she is faking her emotion)

“We did great,” Twila boasted, “The valley will be ours!” Twila walked to the window and looked at the stars above.

“Actually,” Luna said gravely, “You won’t be ruling this valley.” Maybe because of shock or maybe Twila just couldn’t move quickly enough, but Luna had pushed her out the window and into the lake before she realized what had hit her. Luna walked to the window.

“I (alone) shall rule,” Luna whispered as she watched a splash from below.

Well, no more mistakes.

But you probably should have described the characters a little more. It was hard to imagine how they looked like.

Other than those your story was quite good. :D

Good luck. :wink:
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker