z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to Eden

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:42 pm
Cuni says...

IT WAS THE BUG THAT POSTED IT FOR ME... IT WAS JUST A DRAFT.
Last edited by Cuni on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They are like scarecrows form a watermellon plantation. Do not fear them, for they can't do you any harm, and no good either".

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:14 am
MidnightVampire says...

I liked it...

That was absoulutley no... but o well. I like the descriptive begining.

PM me if you continue it.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:38 am
BroadwayGirl says...

Quote:
"Welcome to Eden", said the sign on the road.

I think the words Welcome to Eden should be in italics rather than quotation.

Quote:
Firstly, because the original plan was just to "hit the road".

Why is hit the road in quotations? Maybe try italics and if not either take it out or simply leave it alone.

Quote:
"Julie? There's noone here. Are you sure you followed the signs?"

noone only has 1 o(probably just a typo)

Other than those few things it was pretty good.
Good luck with the editing
And feel free to PM me with any questions or just to let me know when you've edited it.

-BroadwayGirl
:D
Want something critiqued? PM me, I'd be glad to help you out with that.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:59 am
Kylan says...

Well, I can't give you much of a critique due to the lack of...well, everything. But as a quick-write, vent-that-creative build-up, I guess it was fine. Some of the sentence structuring was awkward, but on th whole it was intiguing. Consider keeping this going. It might land you somewhere. Usually, I write poetry when I have vestigal creative impulses. But random fiction works fine, too.

houses alive and wires conscious?

The underlined portion is awkward. It's just a strange description. Wires - and by wires, I'm guessing you mean telephone wires - are not an integral part of a city, like houses are, so it comes off as a useless setting description. Consider, "consious stoplights" or "streetlights".

The group started to go down. They were on what seemed to be the central road of a town so brown that,

Thr group is going down? How about the car? Describing that the group is going down implies to me that they're not in a car. Also, I don't like your brown town imagery. It's like describing a rock as "tan". Use a different adjective.

Anyway, cool.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:22 pm
Cuni says...

I'm sooooooryyyyy! I did not meant to post this!!!! The fu**ing bug posted it, but it was meant to be a draft. DO NOT CRITIQUE ON IT...
God, I hate that bug.
Thanks for the replies anyway...
"They are like scarecrows form a watermellon plantation. Do not fear them, for they can't do you any harm, and no good either".

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight