z

Young Writers Society

His mothers Ring Prt.1

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:03 pm
SIC says...

"So, what is it?" asked Kurimi as he looked at the present his mother had bestowed upon him."Anything you want it to be, just love yourself,and your family."Said his mother as she closed her eyes forever.

"Kurimi! Wake up! this is the 9th grade! nap time ended 8 years ago!" Kurimi's
English teacher.
Kurimi sat up and thought to himself "God, I hate school!"
Kurimi was Real into goth, but knows himself moer as emo, considering everyone thinks he is emo.
The english teacher was telling them about more advanced ways of speech.
But all Kurimi could hear was "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....BLAH."
Then it happend. The thing that no one can survive unless they were paying attention. Kurimi was called up to the board to answer a question he didn't even hear.
The only thing audible was "BLAH BLAH." His teacher started sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. "WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH."
Kurimi stared at his English teacher.
"Well, c'mon, dont just stare at me!" Kurimi's teacher said, obviously growing impatient.
"32!" Kurimi shouted.
There was akward silence.
The whole class busted out in laughter...
Kurimi got dark dark thoughts... "They will all die...."
It was the ring. The ring his mother had given him before she passed away into an eternal slumber.
The ring was supposed him think good things, Supposed to make his life more enjoyable.
But the ring was alternate to Kurimi. The ring held a power ful demon inside of him......
The very next day, Saturday, Kurimi could drown his thoughts in a good album of Marlyin Manson. Marlyin Manson was his favorite band\Musician.
...One day he would destroy all of his enemies and all who oppose him..
All because of his mothers ring....

To Be Continued.

43 Reviews

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:57 pm
Medusa says...

Wow. Before I read this, I recommend correct paragraphing. A new speaker requires a new paragraph--see your first two lines. Also be careful with your capitalization--only words at the beginning of the sentence, or words carrying varying significance should be capitalized.

Also, try to expand on your ideas. Detail is everything.

I will be back,
--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:08 pm
Alainna says...

OK, I'm going to go through this line by line or more or less as you have lots of punctuation and grammar errors. Try using a spell - checker and be sure to proof read your work before posting.

"So, what is it?" asked Kurimi as he looked at the present his mother had bestowed upon him."Anything you want it to be, just love yourself,and your family."Said his mother as she closed her eyes forever.

New line for the mother speaking. Comma after 'family' instead of full stop. 'Said' should not be capatalised.

"Kurimi! Wake up! this is the 9th grade! nap time ended 8 years ago!" Kurimi's English teacher.

'this' should be 'This' and 'nap' should be 'Nap'. Are you missing a 'said' or something after 'teacher' or before 'Kurimi's'.

Kurimi was Real into goth, but knows himself moer as emo, considering everyone thinks he is emo.

'Real' should not be capatalised, 'moer' should be 'more'.

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....BLAH."

Put these in italics again or leave them in normal font. Also, we get the point after the thirds 'Blah.'

"BLAH BLAH." His teacher started sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. "WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH."

Again, unnecessary capatilisation and too many 'WAH's'.

It was the ring. The ring his mother had given him before she passed away into an eternal slumber.

Whoa, confusion. Some sort of explanation is needed right here. What is 'it'?

The ring was supposed him think good things, Supposed to make his life more enjoyable.

This whole sentence doesn't make any sense.
Please try:
The ring was supposed to give him good thought, it was supposed to make life more enjoyable.

The ring held a power ful demon inside of him......

Power ful should be 'powerful'.

The very next day, Saturday, Kurimi could drown his thoughts in a good album of Marlyin Manson. Marlyin Manson was his favorite band\Musician.

Unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the piece. I suggest you scrap it.

...One day he would destroy all of his enemies and all who oppose him..
All because of his mothers ring....

Don't start your sentence with ellipses. also, this is very sudden and it sort of tells rather than shows.

Overall you have a very good idea here but your mistakes and lack of description, action, conflict and emotion let you down. Try to make sure that you have this piece full of the aforementioned before you continue with this.

I would be happy to look at the edited version.

All the best with your writing,
Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 pm
WriterAddict12356 says...

WOW! funny and sad simultaneously... and I see you have a spelling errors...

43 Reviews

Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 pm
Supermal says...

The story sounds as though you are rushing, typing it all out as fast as you can without any real thought to how it sounds. As you type, try reading it out, aloud or in your head, and see if it sounds right.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:04 am
SIC says...

Its supposed to suck considering my friend did "His father's ring"
And so I made the grammar horrible just like his. And the Puncuation .

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:54 am
Medusa says...

I don't really understand your explanation. You are posting writing meant to "suck"? I do not recommend doing this in the future.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:45 am
Bella says...

What he means is he posted it for his friend, and posted it the exact same way his friend had originally written it.

I do suggest that, as a friend, you go through and edit for him as you post. *shrug*
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:59 am
SIC says...

Original format FTW

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 am
SIC says...

I guess this is dead so...

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 am
Areida says...

SIC wrote:I guess this is dead so...

This is spam, SIC. Please refrain from commenting on your own work unless you are responding to a critiquer or posting an update in the thread that the work has been updated. Thanks!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:01 am
SIC says...

Areida wrote:
SIC wrote:I guess this is dead so...

This is spam, SIC. Please refrain from commenting on your own work unless you are responding to a critiquer or posting an update in the thread that the work has been updated. Thanks!

I want you to remove the thread >.> Not spam..

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:23 am
Jadeite says...

I really enjoyed that. That was a pretty cool story to read and excellent title. I'm eager to read more of your writing. I like your style and ideas.
Sincerely,

Jade

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 pm
Eimear says...

space it out properly and then I promise I'll review. I can't read it when it's like this.

:)
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein