z

Young Writers Society

No Title yet. Just a freewrite

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 am
Mage_Banks says...

Darkness. It was all around me as I walked through the forest. What was I doing here anyway?
I began to get a feeling like I was being watched. I turned around but all I saw was the dark abayss. I had to get out of here and in a hurry.
I began to run as fast as I could. Behind me I could hear someones or somethings foot steps too. I was about to scream but I tripped and fell. I fell on my face in the moist ground. I wasn't about to give up.
I jumped up and began to run even faster. The footsteps had stopped. I stopped and turned in a complete circle searching. I didn't see anything (like I really could that is) I guess it was just my imagination. I could see town lights, I was home.
I began to walking, but something was wrapped around my leg. I looked down it was a rope and it was wet. I pulled at the rope, but it was to late. Something began to pull the rope, dragging me into the shadows with it.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:34 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Mage! HI!!! I'm gonna review this real fast!

I began to walking, but something was wrapped around my leg. I looked down it was a rope and it was wet. I pulled at the rope, but it was to late. Something began to pull the rope, dragging me into the shadows with it.
This was the only thing that was wrong with it.
It should be:
I began walking, but something was wrapped around my leg. I looked down, it was a rope, and it was wet. I pulled at the rope, but it was too late.

I liked the ending line it made me all like, "Oh My GOSH!!!" you know? Haha, but you know me, I'm always like that! I loved it though! Great job!
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:02 am
Fruits_Basket99Tohru says...

Intense! I'll say that. And it was very short. Very short.

There's a major overuse of the word 'I' when it comes to beginnings of sentences in your story. Just wanted to let you know; I mean, these can easily be fixed by rearranging word order. For example, instead of: 'I turned around...' you could say: 'Turning around, all I saw was the dark abyss.' (Yes, abyss was misspelled as well.)

Behind me I could hear someones or somethings foot steps too.
Possessive words here! With apostrophes in the right places, the sentence looks like this: 'Behind me I could hear someone's--or something's--footsteps.' No need for the hyphens, that was just for added excitement. 'Too' detracts from the sentence 'cause it appears that your feet are also behind you! ;)

Sometimes you used the same exact word, like, right next to a copy of it. That's somewhat redundant, so I'll give you an example on how to change it. Here's a quote from your words: (sort of. I added in some nitpicks I thought would improve this part.) 'The footsteps had stopped. I stopped and turned in a complete circle, searching for anything watching me.' So, you could instead say: 'The footsteps abruptly halted. I stopped and turned...' There's at least 1 other part similar to this, so I advise changing that as well.

You had a few punctuation mistakes. Since this review is already so long compared to your story, I won't specifically list them here.

Lastly--this would be a great opener/prologue to some story. I just think this is a little too short for us to do much with it right now. This is what they call 'flash fiction', right? Anyway, very suspenseful and I can't wait to read the next--hopefully longer!--part. Keep writing! :D
"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you."
--Fruits Basket Book 1, page 134

Do you need a review?

I say, in matters of the heart, treat yo' self.
— Donna, Parks & Rec