z

Young Writers Society

The Brave Knight & Mickey(A Children's Story)

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:23 pm
Aristotle says...

For kids who can read. 5-7 years old. By Aristotle.

Once, in a land far away, there was a brave knight. This knight’s name was Charles. He lived in a big castle and had many friends. One day, Charles went riding in the woods, and he saw a sad dog. It was sad, because it had been left by its owner. Charles thought the dog was cute, so he took him back home to the castle. All of the people in the castle agreed that it was a very cute dog and that he should keep it and name it. Charles liked the idea and named the dog Mickey. A month later, he and Mickey were playing in the woods with a ball. Charles threw the ball far. Mickey couldn’t catch it and ran after it. Charles then heard Mickey yelping. He ran toward the noise and saw a dragon looming over Mickey! Charles scooped up Mickey and fought the dragon while Mickey ran back to the castle. Finally, he defeated the scary dragon and rode home. He was welcomed back by Mickey, and the entire castle. Charles, Mickey, and the whole castle then lived happily ever after.
Last edited by Aristotle on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live and don't learn, thats us - Calvin

Alas, poor Yorick - wait, why the heck am I holding this skull? - Me

I can count to potato - The guy who lives next door

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:08 pm
captain.classy says...

I definitely like this better than the children's story you were inspired by.

The only thing I have to say was that in the beginning, you say 'abandoned by its owner.' I think that 'left by its owner' would fit your story better. You use childish vocabulary, so I think you should follow through your entire story with that.

That's all I have to say. It was cute, not my style, but cute.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm
Aristotle says...

Thanks. I fixed it.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:46 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Just a small note: 5-7 year olds will like a bit more. Maybe one extra para. (My brother was 7, three years back, so I have a fairly good idea.)

Good work, though.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:09 pm
View Likes
Aristotle says...

Okay. i will try to write another para later.

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare