z

Young Writers Society

Deleted.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:48 am
Merry_Haven says...

To everyone: I am no longer writing or editing this piece. Please check out my other works. Thank you.
Last edited by Merry_Haven on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

842 Reviews

Reviews: 842
Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:01 pm
ashleylee says...

This was good, Merry, as usual :wink: I do think you could have gone a little slower with the shopping part. It didn’t take them to find their dresses and isn’t Bath a very large place? Just a thought, I guess. You don’t have to change if you don’t want to.

Uncle John peaked over the newspaper he was reading at looked at his wife.

I would change “at” to “to”

“Boys,” They mouthed.

Small “t”

“Oh, yes. I forgot.” With the dark red and bright yellow gloves and bonnets with colorful ribbons, the two girls looked very fashionable.

How are they very fashionable?? This is a perfect opportunity to go into more detail about the dresses and the girls. Describe their hair, make-up, maids, ect!

“Oww.” She cried out, but not so loud for people to stare.

Comma instead of a period after “Oww”
Small “s” on “she

Sophia, who was hit by the reality of her cousin waving at her, left with Helena back to their home. Tonight, shall be the most perfect night. Especially dancing with the lord. Sophia blushed while she thought this yet walked swiftly home thinking only of Lord Issac McCord and his fine looks.

His fine looks? Hmm…what fine looks? I would have loved to hear more about this handsome Lord! :wink:

Other than that, you have a wonderful story going, Merry. Can’t wait to read more!
"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love—and to put his trust in life."
~ Joseph Conrad

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~ Red Auerbach

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:40 am
Night Mistress says...

Is this handsome lord one of her suitors?

! guess I will have to read the whole story to found out, won't I?

I am really liking your story.

I do agree with Ashely that you could slowly down the shopping segment down a bit. And go into details a lit bit about the dress. Do they have frills? And was it drape? etc.

I am off to read the last part.

I hope you put up another part soon.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:18 pm
jasmine12 says...

Wow, uhm....can't say much about this one.
Only that, Helena and Sophia say each others names a lot. Like ever sentence they say it. I haven't done any research about dialog in this time but I'm not sure if they say the names a lot.
How come Helena introduced Sophia and Sophia Helena? That seemed odd.
Well off I go!

Ignore my comments if you must. haha.
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:20 pm
Merry_Haven says...

jasmine12-
I've read books with the characters saying their names, in each sentence. But those were the classics.
No, I'm not going to ignore your comments. Your comments help me, of course.
Off I go...
-Merry

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince