z

Young Writers Society

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:38 pm
bobiscool134 says...

I have to bring two of my favorite poems to my writing class, my favorite poem is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, bad part is, it is a 19 page long poem. Does anyone know of an abbreviated version of this poem?

- bobiscool
there are 10 different types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:29 am
GingerLizzy says...

It's really hard to find abbrieviated poems nowadays, what with copyright laws and such. I've tried this on a number of accounts in my English class when asked to bring in favuourite or inspiring poems. I found it simply impossible to get a poem that was shorter than the original.

Why not just take the original poem in? Surely, no-one will mind?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:21 pm
View Likes
bobiscool134 says...

Yeah, I'm hoping that is the case. But I might want to find a shorter poem as a backup plan =P

-bobiscool
there are 10 different types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:21 pm
View Likes
Leja says...

You could pick your favourite three or four stanzas to read; then you wouldn't have to be reciting forever ^_^

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind