May 2014 Poetry Exchange

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed May 07, 2014 1:46 am
Aley says...

May Poetry Exchange

What is a Poetry Exchange

A poetry exchange is an event in which poets submit one or two poems into a proverbial hat. The poems are exchanged by the host so that each person submitting has about the same number of poems to review. The poems are then reviewed to help improve immediate problems in the poem with a heavy basis on suggestions about how to fix, rather than what needs fixing.

Each poem is reviewed twice to help produce good advice.

If a poem is too hard for a poet to critique, they can ask for help from other people in the exchange, exchange the poem with someone else for one of the other poems, or talk about the poems with someone else reviewing it.

Changes to the Exchange

If you're familiar with my exchanges you many notice something missing. This exchange won't have two rounds. All of the poems which participants will review within the week, yes one week, will be provided on the first day of the exchange, the 25th of May. I hope that all participants will function as a unit to get all of the reviews done for the exchange.

Because of the necessity for some people to drop out in the middle of the race, the second round will be composed of an exchange for poems that did not get two quality reviews.

For the extra help in the exchange, those participants who willingly review more than their share will get their choice of a prize.

Submitting

Please submit 1-2 poems.

Poems must be submitted to YWS to qualify for a review. If you need points to participate, please review some works in the Green Room.
If you're unwilling or unable to review works in the Green Room, then this event may not be for you.

Once your work is submitted to YWS, post a link to it with your intent to participate in this forum.

Submissions are due by May, 24th so that I can organize them for the exchange on the 25th.

This exchange will take place from May, 25th to May, 31st

The tentative second round to make sure every poem gets 2 reviews will begin on May, 29th

Participants!

For notices
Code: Select all
[spoiler] @Audy @megsug @niteowl @PiesAreSquared @Dreamy  @Magpie @Hightop @CesareBorgia @Hecate @WritingWolf @fortis @Rurouni [/spoiler]

For Messages
Code: Select all
[spoiler]Audy
Aley
megsug
niteowl
PiesAreSquared
Dreamy
Magpie
Hightop
CesareBorgia
Hecate
WritingWolf
fortis
Rurouni[/spoiler]

To Participants

As a participant expect to review 2 to 4 poems between May 25th and May 31st. The poems you are to review will be posted in a mass post under your name's section so you know exactly what is expected of you.

If you have any problems with reviewing a poem either because you've reviewed it before the exchange was created and don't feel like you can give any new advice, or you have a hard time finding something wrong with the poem, please contact me.

For those who submit 2 poems; you are more likely to get multiple poems to review. Base how much you submit on how much you are willing to review.

In case of emergencies, please contact me so I can arrange for the poems you've received to be reviewed by someone else.

Lastly, but most importantly, if you're willing to review more poems than what I give you, please feel free to take a stroll through the poems posted in the Participants Section and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Poems in the Exchange

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Wed May 07, 2014 2:05 am
megsug says...

Interested like always. If I missed questions I was supposed to answer this time, yell at me. XP
Test

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 07, 2014 2:08 am
Aley says...

Nope no questions this time @megsug
Just get your poems posted by the 24th ^^

I was just doing that to make people aware of their procrastination tactics before entering into it. This one is going to be shorter so procrastinators will be less of an issue.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed May 07, 2014 3:36 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Oh. My. God. It's the best birthday present ever! A Poetry Exchange I might actually be able to participate in! May 31 is my birthday lol
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 07, 2014 7:01 am
Aley says...

niteowl wrote:Oh. My. God. It's the best birthday present ever! A Poetry Exchange I might actually be able to participate in! May 31 is my birthday lol

Well if you guys would be a bit more forth coming of when you'll have a week free to review, I might be able to schedule more of these that actually align with people!
As it is, I'm shooting fish in the ocean.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 am
View Likes
gia2505 says...

The 25th is my birthday!! And it's my first poetry exchange, too!! :D
~Gia2505 a.k.a Your Friendly Neighbourhood Freak~

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed May 07, 2014 7:11 am
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

Noms @Aley with two poems to be linked when I write
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I would like to participate. :B
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Wed May 07, 2014 7:26 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

I missed out on the previous one, no way am I gonna miss this one.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

863 Reviews

Reviews: 863
Wed May 07, 2014 5:34 pm
Morrigan says...

Please add me to the list. ^_^
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed May 07, 2014 10:16 pm
View Likes
Gardevite says...

Completely interested! :)
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Wed May 07, 2014 10:20 pm
Clarity says...

I wish I could do this, but it's right in the middle of exams. D:
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm
View Likes
CesareBorgia says...

Could you add me to the list?
Cesare
Proud Writer of the Week judge

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 21, 2014 2:36 am
View Likes
Aley says...

@SparkToFlame
@Audy
@megsug
@niteowl
@gia2505
@PiesAreSquared
@Dreamy
@SubtleSanity
@magpie
@HighTop
@CesareBorgia

Start collecting your poems! Next week on the 25th begins the Poetry Exchange!

806 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 22, 2014 4:44 pm
Aley says...

@SparkToFlame
@Audy
@megsug
@gia2505
@PiesAreSquared
@Dreamy
@SubtleSanity
@magpie
@HighTop
@CesareBorgia

Just a few more days to get your poems in! Post them up here or send the link to me in a PM before the end of the 24th Pacific Eastern Time.

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight