Young Writers Society

May 2014 Poetry Exchange

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sat May 31, 2014 10:08 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Today's the last day of the Poetry Exchange!

On our plate are the following poems that need one review.

Please help me review these poems

Horror Stories
To a Fellow Lady Knight
The Astronaut
you will not win tonight
Back in Black
The Five Stages of Rejection

When you finish reviewing one of them, tell us which you reviewed below so we can review a different one.

Spoiler! :

863 Reviews

Reviews: 863
Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 pm
View Likes
Morrigan says...

I just finished my review on "Horror Stories."
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

863 Reviews

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 am
View Likes
Morrigan says...

Reviewed "To a Fellow Lady Knight."
Gringoamericano

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:15 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Reviewed "The Astronaut"!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:18 am
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

I reviewed "To A Fellow Lady Knight."
Last edited by WritingWolf on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

863 Reviews

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:18 am
View Likes
Morrigan says...

Done with "Back in Black".
Gringoamericano

806 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:38 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Thank you Everyone!

I'm happy to announce we've finished all of the reviews for the May 2014 Poetry Exchange with flying colors!

Statistically speaking we had a very clear VIP for this exchange and I'd like to give her a round of applause, or at least a bit of recognition at the end of this forum.

She started out strong being the first person to get all three of her reviews done, bar none. [She even got them done before I did!] Her reviews have all served as a good clean explanation of what a review should be like, and how to help critique poems no matter how difficult or easy. Through the process she's been available and helpful for feedback, and when others were overwhelmed with life, sickness, school, and other such disasters, she stepped up to the plate to take nearly half of the reviews that needed to be finished to round out our review day with a nice complete set!

If you're not sure who I'm talking about yet, then check out her poems, and see who she is.

The Astronaut
Love Poem No. 1

If you have more than a minute, please help me thank her by dropping a comment or review for her poems, or hey, if you like it, hit the button.

Spoiler! :
It's @MAGPIE!

Again, thanks to everyone who participated. If you had fun, want to chat, or want to gossip about one of the poems you received to review, go ahead and use this forum for the conversations. I'm sure some of you have some Horror Stories to tell about that creepy guy who thinks His Tears Cost 1M$ or something. I mean, They Call Me a Writer but I just have a Fish-hooks in The Astronaut who went to goose country this time last year. I hope my Innocence doesn't sound like A Songbird's Signal with a bit of a Hiaku-like poem on the side. This message is To a Fellow Lady Knight so I hope you understand it's A work in progress still. You may think you will not win tonight but we already have won! We did it!

If you liked this exchange and want to see more, or you have an idea for an exchange of your own, don't forget to check out the resources department where you can find How to Run a Poetry Exchange for yourself <3

Spoiler! :
Did I miss anyone?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:44 am
Rook says...

Haha! Thanks Aley! <3
And great help @magpie, your reviews are really helpful. ^_^
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:23 am
Gardevite says...

Magpie's reviews were so on point, and so was her poetry! I tried to review The Astronaut for days, and couldn't find anything to point out! :O
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

863 Reviews

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:48 am
Morrigan says...

Oh, you guys. ^_^
Gringoamericano

806 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:54 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Apparently there is something going on with the tags, so I'm just going to poke you all one last time to make sure you all get poked.

@Audy @megsug @niteowl @PiesAreSquared @Dreamy @magpie @HighTop @CesareBorgia @Hecate @WritingWolf @fortis @Rurouni

If you have not been getting poked I'm sorry about that.

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea