z

Young Writers Society

Romeo & Juliet.

Reviews: 0
Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 pm
emmat9795 says...

So I don't understand the whole Romeo & Juliet story. Whats the plot of it? What was the feud about? When did it start? How did it start???? Can anyone help me out??

Ohhhhhh and can anyone tell me what the book The Outsiders is about? Like what the plot of it is about? :smt001
Crushed for EVER!

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Thu May 05, 2011 3:14 pm
AdoxagraphyAngelus says...

I can't tell you about Rome and Juliet, but I can tell you about the Outsiders. The Outsiders is about a group of boys called 'Greasers', a nick-name for the lower part of towns kids, who, hence the name, put a lot of grease in there hair. It follows mainly one boy, named Ponyboy, who's parents are dead, and he lives with his older brothers, Darrel, and Sodapop. If I said the rest of it, I'd ruin the climax of the story. Oh, and the higher-end kids are called Soc's, short for Social's. They look down on Greasers, and often times fight with them. Yep. :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 05, 2011 6:46 pm
Sunshine says...

First thing I'd thought I'd point out is that you put this in the wrong place! This forum is for POETRY, not questions! I know your new, but you just wasted one hundred good points on a question! Ask one of the people in red or green to move it for you, because I honestly don't want others to be as confused as I was! For questions like this go to the Lougue or some of the other few places YWS has! Please and thank you!

I know about The Outsider's, but I've never read Romeo and Juliet. I have a very general grasp of it. I'd google it or get the book/script from your library. While reading it think about what's missing or what you'd like to change. You're trying to write a short story fanfiction, right? I don't really know, your post is a little vague. The clearer you are the easier it is to get answers from us!
Hope I cleared some stuff up!
~Crafty~
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 pm
Butterfinger says...

As the last person pointed out, this isn't the right place for questions, but it's a great one!
My pet peeve is when people want to know everything about a book, like they want to be handed all the secrets.
All you have to do is read them! Hahaha :)
R & J: Love story that ends tragically.
Outsiders: Action packed!
I suggest reading them for yourself!
Good luck!
If you want to be a great writer, don't think about what you're going to write, just write it.

I'm a huge fan of writers block! When your brain halts, with no direction for where you should go, it gives you threads. All you have to do is pull and unravel the story you're meant to write.

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 pm
MiRaCLeS says...

I don't know about The Outsiders, but I do know something of Romeo and Juliet. So basically with Romeo and Juliet. Romeo is from the Montague family and Juliet is from the Capulets. The families don't like each other. Infact, they hated each other.
But then Romeo and Juliet met in a ball of some sorts, I think, I'm not too sure. And they, well, fell in love. But then they found out that they were from the Montague and Capulet family and that they can't marry each other because their families absolutely despise each other.
Also, Juliet's father had promised Juliet to someone else, count Paris to be exact. Now, Juliet isn't very happy with this, so she goes to this guy (Friar Laurence) who gave her a medicine that would make it look like she's dead for fourty two hours. But the family don't know this so, they thought she was truly dead. So did Romeo. And since they were deeply in love and all that, he (rather foolishly) killed himself. But then Juliet wakes up and found Romeo dead and kills herself.
So, that's Romeo and Juliet in a nutshell. Does it even make sense?
If it doesn't try this instead. I know it's wikipedia, but from what I've read, it seemed pretty accurate.
Hope this helps! :)

Reviews: 0
Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 pm
emmat9795 says...

Thanks.
Crushed for EVER!

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu May 12, 2011 6:17 pm
Dreamwalker says...

A few facts you might want to know about Romeo and Juliet is that the entire play is based on the timeline of about a week. It shows the foolishness of young love as well as the ultimate love story that is to die selflessly for true love is to die truly and honestly.

But, as this is a big but, throughout the first act, we are shown the immaturity of Romeo and Juliet. Juliet being only eleven or twelve years old falls for a silly, rebellious sort of boy on her own rebellious terms. Romeo, whose friends constantly tease with horribly crude remarks (Shakespeare added them because he didn't want to lose the attention of the peasants right away, just in case they started throwing fruit) goes from one spectrum - loving Rosaline - to completely ditching that notion for the next prettiest girl he could find.

So, all in all, Romeo and Juliet is a story that is often disputed, like Wuthering Heights, as being a tragic love story as opposed to a silly and foolish young love that caused unnecessary death. Almost a "do as your told and you wont die" sort of morality.

Hope that helps? xD
~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison