50%
No
50%

Total votes : 2

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Chantel says...

This is just a first draft of the introduction for a story I'm writing for my GCSE Coursework. The central character, is based on my friend, Platy, and she portrays most of the characteristics as my main character.

Platy bit her nails nervously. Here she was, in the Big Brother House, with three people she'd met only three days ago. "It's strange how you can still feel isolated in a crowed room." Platy thought. She felt in her pocket for the fat lime green notepad she always carried with her for doodling. She turned the pages quickly, anxious to find a clean page. She admired the crisp creaminess of the paper. She began sketching. Light grey strokes slowly filled the page. As her soft brown hair fell across her eyes, obscuring her view, she flicked it impatiently away.
Like the other housemates, Platy imagined the new arrivals (when they actually turned up) to be blonde (bleached of course), and tanned (A St. Tropez at home job). If she was a girl, over-straightened, highlighted hair. She would have perfectly manicured fake nails (alongside perfectly pedicured toenails). She would be wearing all the latest designer get-up, and would have the flashiest jewellery. She would make Paris Hilton, Madonna and Marilyn Monroe look plain due to all the surgical enhancements. A male would be mostly the same but without the fake nails and maybe wouldn't look quite so much like Paris Hilton.
Platy listened intently to the housemates joke together. Cheryl was the centre of attention, as she mostly always was. She was a peroxide blonde barmaid for her local pub. From what she had gathered about Cheryl over the past couple of days, Platy knew that she had had numerous numbers of boyfriends in the past few years, and she liked to 'Treat them mean and keep them keen', with 'mean' meaning cheating on them with their best friend and his brother. Cheryl started to describe boyfriend 27 as a 'washed up loser' and a geek, because he *gasp* decided to go to university, and then Evelyn commandeered the conversation. She was Cheryl's brunette counterpart and was the most cunning out of the group. She would go to any lengths to ensure that she got whatever she wanted during her time in the Big Brother House. And she was very good at it too. A slight hint here, a subtle word there and Evelyn could do anything. If she decided she didn't like you, she could turn everyone else against you in the blink of an eye. Because of this, everybody so desperately wanted to be 'in' with her and her clique. But not Platy. She didn't like to conform to the societal mores of modern day culture. She liked to be different, express herself, through music, poetry and stories. Some said she was away with the fairies, but she was just imaginative, creative, and definitely not the average human being. Jerry Notter was the remaining housemate. He was obviously supposed to be rather attractive, because both Evelyn and Cheryl were competing for his attention. Platy got the impression that he was a bit of a ladies-man, for he was the only person who had said anymore than two words to her since she had arrived three days ago, and even what he did say was said in a somewhat leering fashion, and accompanied by a wink and a knowing look. Platy continued scribbling in the notepad. High-pitched laughter filled the living area. Platy sighed, and made her way to the bedroom. Six beds were perfectly made, while the other four were messy and unmade. Platy's bed was the bed furthest from the other housemates', in the far left-hand corner.

To be continued...
Last edited by Chantel on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am a little gothic duck and little gothic ducks are the way forward!

Step over to the dark side...

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:22 pm
miyaviloves says...

If you are basing this on a big brotehr experiance they are not allowed paper or anything to write with! Other than that little detail, i hope to see more.
Bag.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:07 pm
Chantel says...

I didn't actually know that, so thanks :D Most of this story probably won't be exactly according to the rules of the real Big Brother anyway, I don't know enough! I could always change the name of the Big Brother House to something else to avoid confusion in future, I suppose. Thanks :D
I am a little gothic duck and little gothic ducks are the way forward!

Step over to the dark side...

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:54 am
miyaviloves says...

Oh right i see lol, the only reason i know like...maybe everything (eee) about bigbrother is because whenever it is on i get obsessed. Will you be posting more of this?
Bag.

Got YWS?

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman