z

Young Writers Society

Breaking Dawn Parody

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:40 pm
PerpetualBhridge says...

Ahahahaha, I usually don't go for parodies, but this was hilarious. It was absolutely fantastic, usually subtlety is more effective, but I think this style works for a Breaking Dawn parody. Very nice :)

You're the first thirteen year old, besides myself (last year) I've ever, er, seen, for lack of a better word, that isn't in love with Twilight, which is kind of sad
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."-Douglas Adams

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 am
all.things.disney says...

haha. it may not have been well written--but it was hilarious! and im a hardcore twilight fan! that was actually really funny

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 am
.:Echelon:. says...

Wow that was amazing ((grins)) I love twilight but that was so funny.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 am
danielle_that_girl15 says...

I am not trying to be rude at all. But the way that you portray the characters is not right. It doesn't have that much detail to go with it. I cannot like the story for discreninating agianst the Twilight serise so much, since i love the serise. Other than that it was quiet funny and you are a great writer. Keep up the work!

-Danielle

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hahahaha!
Wow that was funny.
As you probably can see I'm a big twilight fan *points to picture*
I mean if this was the real twilight it wouldn't sell
But I thought it was great
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:23 am
huggybear123 says...

Thank you so much! I absolutley hate Twilight. The author cant go a whole page without gushing about Edward PUKE! She only really created a sick fantasy world for disturbed fangirls!
These were the most boring,overrated, terrible pieces of literature of all time. The author is pretty much ripping off every other vampire romance novel, and she honestly is only writing these books because she A. has a sick psychotic crush on edward cullen or B she thinks she has talent. SHE CANT EVEN Write a real story! TWILIGHT SUCKS!

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 am
Sparrow says...

Lmao this is funny but you forgot to mention the sex that takes place throughout the whole damn book. But i think this was hilarious!! Do you have any other parodies of the Twilight books? If so please message me so i can look them up! Keep writing!!
"America is my country and Paris is my hometown"
-Gertrude Stein

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 am
alicat159 says...

Hi! I started reading Twilight about 3 weeks ago (finished all the books within a week) and I love it. I'm not an obsessed fan like my friends (they have shirts, posters, jewelry, the whole lot!) but I did enjoy it. Though I have to say that Edward was a little sappy. Like when he was gushing about how much he missed Bella, using metaphors of stars and comets (excuse me... comet) but I thought it was nice. I hated all the attention it got when it first came out, because I was sure that other books deserved it more. But after I read it, I have to say that it was really sweet.
I agree on the fact that New Moon wasn't the best book ever. It was by far my least favorite. But there is no way that I would refer to the Twilight saga as "the most boring,overrated, terrible pieces of literature of all time." :roll:
I thought your story was extremely offensive toward Stephenie Meyer.(I don't see you having any published stories!) I did smile when I read the scene where Jacob is asking Bella to make out with him. Funny and so true! (I'm not a Jacob fan. At all.) But, I just can't really bring myself to like this. Sorry.

-Ali
~ "I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it." -- Duck Soup
~ "Was she in there before you baked it?" (Gomez refers to the girl popping out of the cake at a bachelor party) -- Addams Family Values

Reviews: 2
Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 am
Just_dream says...

Cool, I love it!

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:07 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Hilarious *claps* absolutely genius :D
I love you so much for this :D It was amazing. Hahahah
I can't even comment 'cuz my stomach is sore from laughing *lols*
crap review, much? :lol:
Anyway, a gold star is in order. Most definitely.

:) :D ;) :P

~Kirsten
xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:00 am
rothwise says...

i was laughing....SO HARD.

my favorite line is this one:

"CHARLIE: [chuckles] You’ll be fine. Keep walking."

just..the Keep Walking part just made me laugh for liek four minutes straight!! i applaude you, adieu adieu.
Have faith! With a dashing hero like me on the case, how can we fail?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:15 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

danielle_that_girl15 wrote:I am not trying to be rude at all. But the way that you portray the characters is not right. It doesn't have that much detail to go with it. I cannot like the story for discreninating agianst the Twilight serise so much, since i love the serise.
-Danielle

It's exactly right! All she did was take shallow characters and exaggerate their personalities. That's normally what you do in a parody. You should also use spell check. ^_^
To all Twilight obsess-ees who read this: Chill out. She never said she hated Twilight. It's just a parody.

Anyway...

On with the review!

This was really, really funny. There aren't really any nit-picks.

If you write another one, Bella should be blinded by Edward since he sparkles so much. :D

Good luck with the contest!

A Not-so-fan of Twilight,
~~~Sakura~~~
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

It's refreshing to read this because I was starting to think I was crazy for hating the books. This was funny and yet so true.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:31 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Thanks for reviewing/commenting to everyone who liked it/didn't like it! And thanks for the gold stars! I love writing these, they're such a great way to waste time. I have written a New Moon Parody (I know I'm doing this out of order) and it is in the script section. I'm not done with it and it's not as good as this one yet, but it will be soon!

It's exactly right! All she did was take shallow characters and exaggerate their personalities. That's normally what you do in a parody. You should also use spell check. ^_^
To all Twilight obsess-ees who read this: Chill out. She never said she hated Twilight. It's just a parody.

Yay! Somebody finally gets this! Thank you so much Sakura! Right, if I haven't stressed this enough, I'm not trying to offend Stephenie Meyer or her series and I don't hate Twilight (all that much.) This was written purely for entertainment purposes. Please don't feel that I am insulting you if you are a Twilight fan, because I am not.

Anyway, thanks again everyone! More parodies are coming!

-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 pm
lxtmidnight says...

XD XD AIR PLEASE...!

My Favorite Parts:

EDWARD: It's ok Bella. It's ok. Stephenie Meyer won't hurt you.

and

STEPHENIE MEYER: [suddenly appears next to EDWARD and BELLA] I think I need to add a few more words to this script to make it good. Let’s see… umm… well God-like, of course. What else… dazzle. And… umm... topaz. And beautiful. Masochistic, for sure. And cold and icy. And God-like. And icy. DAZZLE! There, perfect. You may continue with your script now.

Great Parody, can't wait for more :D
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer