z

Young Writers Society

Raven’s Anthem

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm
Cripple says...

Brothers,

It has come to my attention that we hold, within our ranks, unrest and doubt since the armies of the Chaos Marines descended upon the Heaven Mother planet we now claim as Kronas. No matter the opposition, we the Sons of Markus Silverlight’s 3rd and 4th Blood Raven Divisions shall not falter from our course, for victory we have at hand. To quell all weakness and provide the necessary strength and honor required so that we may operate as the true warriors that we are in the upcoming battle, I am here to recall our traditions, our code of conduct, and our ways as the 3rd and 4th Blood Raven Divisions. Any man who falls from his ways as a Space Marine will be executed on sight no matter how diminished the numbers in live battle.

Look into your hearts and ask the Heaven Mother what made you become part of the 3rd and 4th Blood Raven Space Marine Divisions, for you have, now and always, served one purpose.

What is this purpose of which I speak? This purpose is the survival of mankind against the forces of Chaos and their agents, as well as the extinction of all alien life forms who tempt to taint and rot the worlds they plunder. Hold to your Doctrine of the Heaven Mother, and know that you will find peace within for it is always with you wherever you go. It is this Doctrine that has trained our psychic brothers, the Librarians. It is with this Doctrine that our veteran kindred the Chaplains emit their fury. It is with this Doctrine that tactically wise Commanders such as myself can lead the charge.

Let not your Heavy Bolters lower, let not your Flame Throwers extinguish, let not your Plasma Pistols overheat, and let instead the voice of your Supreme Commander Markus Silverlight and the blessings of the Heaven Mother rain upon you the innate ability to rise above what you are, and bring victory to battle in what short life times we can spare.

Brothers, let out a Roar. Show that flaming spirit and let that WarCry of yours echo into the fields below. Let the enemy hear, witness our Heaven Mother enraged, awake. Let us show them the passion that drives us, for they lack every ounce of it. Let the artillery rain, the Orbital Bombardment scar, the Heavy Bolters and its bullets sear, the Flame Throwers purge, and above all, let the Heaven Mother claim all those who dare face us.
"Take Nothing For Granted, For Everything Changes."

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm
high maria says...

Hi, Cripple!
Well, sorry I can't be objective towards your story, because I'm not keen on this kind of thing. You see it's like a conscription to someone. Truly said I couldn't make head or tail from it. But You definitely can write and write great!
Maria

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 am
Cripple says...

The writing is based on the universe of Warhammer 40k, so its likely the only one's who will be familiar with most of the terms will be those who read the books or play the board game ^.^
"Take Nothing For Granted, For Everything Changes."

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:48 pm
noobPunk says...

"Maim Kill BURN!!!!" haha I love chaos! This was a awesome speech! I love the way how marine captains and chaplains give there speeches before battles and planet raides. This was really cool to read. I reccomend that since they are marines you need to use the Emperors name alot more in here. "For the glory of the God Emperor" or use qoutes from fabels or make up smart lines "It is not chaos that creates its worshippers, its the fools that are tainted with fear that join it" Anywyas please make more and when you do please let me know. :D

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables