z

Young Writers Society

Renesmee Carlie Cullen

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Klpidnc12 says...

I have over 3 versions of this story. I can't read my writing, it drives me crazy. I wouldn't say that this is an edited version of my previous post because I started this from scratch, this is about half of what I wrote. Please review even if you don't like the story I could use all the help I can get :) Enjoy

“I’m off to work.” My husband Jake said kissing me on the forehead. I groaned “We barely see each other anymore Jake.” He worked days as a mechanic at his Dad's shop and nights on the reservation. He didn’t even know I had been sick ever since the honeymoon. I was always tired and most foods made me nauseated. But I think that is partly due to Jake’s horrible cooking, and when I say horrible I mean horrible. His macaroni and cheese tasted like overcooked noodles with string cheese sprayed over them. “I know Nessie; I promise I’ll be home early tonight.” I looked at him we both knew he had no control over his plans. He kissed me quick and left. I got dress and went to Carlisle’s mansion. “Hey Ness, are you feeling any better?” my Dad asked. “Not really.” I sighed. I looked over at Alice he face was blank… she must be having a vision. My Dad gasped, he must have heard Alice’s vision through her mind. “What’s wrong?” I asked looking between my Dad and Alice. “Renesmee…you’re you’re pregnant.” Alice said breathlessly. My eyes went wide, this couldn’t be happening. “No…I can’t be. That’s impossible.” I looked at my Dad and Mom they didn’t seem too happy. “Well I just saw you holding a baby who had your eyes.” Alice snapped she didn’t like it when people questioned her abilities. Oh. My. Gosh. “Congratulations.” Emmett said with a huge grin on his face. I didn’t know if I wanted to be congratulated, I couldn’t be a mother yet. Jake wouldn’t even have time to help take care of a baby with his schedule. A tear escaped from my eye mostly out of shock. My mom came up and hugged me “Do you want to go talk?” she asked trying to make sense out of my expression. I nodded before walking out of the house. We went to the meadow where my father and she went mostly before they were married. I sat down in what seemed like the dead center.
“What’s wrong? I figured you’d be happy about having a baby.” She said sitting down next to me. I married, and now I’m pregnant. Jake’s never home either and I miss him so much.” Another tear fell from my eye. “Your life is going to slow down now.” She wiped the tears off my face. “Yea but Jake’s still never home, he’s always working. Will he have time to help take care of a baby?” “Renesmee.” She sighed. “I’m sure Jake will slow down his schedule once he gets the news, and don’t forget you’ve got a whole house of family members willing to help out.” My said once again wiping the tears again. I hated crying, it shows my weaknesses. I wished Jake was the one here with me right now telling me everything’s going to be okay. "It’s just a lot to process. I’m going to have to keep the baby in mind with everything I do now, and I miss Jake a lot I’ve barely seen him in the past two weeks.” I sobbed. “I know why you don’t go to repair shop and give him the news?” my mom asked. "He's supposed to be coming home early tonight, I'll just tell him then." I sighed.
I guess I should've gone to the repair shop and told him. I looked at the clock it was 11 PM and Jake still wasn't home. I called his cell phone it rang a couple of times but went to voicemail. I knew he was with the pack so if he was hurt I would've been called by now. I was staying the night at my parent’s house because I didn't want to be home alone tonight. My mom and dad left me alone for the most part, probably because Dad read my thoughts and knew right now wasn't the time to talk. I felt lonely I knew it was ridiculous but I did. I was a married woman who hadn't had a conversation lasting more than five minutes with her husband in two weeks. I let out a couple of tears before falling asleep.
I woke up the next morning with a headache instead of the usual morning sickness. I said good morning to my parents before leaving for my house. I realized while running staying the night there might not have been the best idea since Jake leaves for work early. I opened the door to see Jake standing right behind it. "What's wrong? Your Dad refused to tell me why you stayed at his house last night." he said in a low voice hugging me. "The fact that I have a husband who I haven't talked to in two weeks, and doesn't pick up the phone when he's out at 11 pm" I said intending to make him feel guilty. "I'm sorry." he said hugging me tighter. "Sam kept me late last night and I was in wolf form so I Ieft my cell in the car. Billy called and told me not to come in to work today, I'm glad he did. “I sighed "Jake something has to change soon, you’re going to have to be home more." He looked at me "I know I told Billy to go ahead and hire another mechanic so I could spend more time with you." I forgot I hadn't told him about the pregnancy issue for a minute. "Jake I don't mean for me, yesterday Alice had a vision." I waited. "Of?" he asked. "I'm pregnant." I whispered. His whole body went still and he tensed up. I thought my reaction was bad. "No." he whispered so lightly I could barely hear it. I stayed silent no expecting this reaction from his. Why was he so tense? Did he not want to be home that often? Did he just not want a baby? A million question and thoughts ran through my head.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:46 am
greenwitch94 says...

you should post one of your other stories.
this one sounds too much like the twilight book
breaking dawn.

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 am
SporkPunk says...

Hey! So you can call me SporkPunk, and I'm here to review. So you have other versions of this on YWS?

Okay, so green means word choice changes, red is grammar issues, and blue is my commentary. Now for the review:

“I’m off to work.” My husband, Jake, said, kissing me on the forehead.

I groaned, “We barely see each other anymore, Jake.” He worked days as a mechanic at his dad's Since "dad" isn't being used as a proper noun, you wouldn't capitalize. It's the same idea as "his brother's" in that you wouldn't capitalize "brother." shop and nights on the reservation. He didn’t even know I had been sick ever since the honeymoon. I was always tired and most foods made me nauseated. But I think that was Tenses need to be the same. partly due to Jake’s horrible cooking, and when I say horrible, I mean horrible. His macaroni and cheese tasted like overcooked noodles with string cheese sprayed over them.
When new speakers speak, you must start a new paragraph.

“I know Nessie; I promise I’ll be home early tonight.” I looked at him; we both knew he had no control over his plans. You need a semi-colon or some other way to not have this be a run-on. He kissed me quickly Since you're modifying "kissed" you would use the adverb form of "quick." and left. I got dressed and went to Carlisle’s mansion.

“Hey Ness, are you feeling any better?” my dad asked.

“Not really,” I sighed. Typically, and in this situation, dialogue is ended with a comma rather than a period. I looked over at Alice. Her You had "he" which was a typo. :) face was blank…she must be having a vision. My dad gasped, he must have heard Alice’s vision through her mind.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking between my dad and Alice.

“Renesmee…you’re-- You need a way to separate the two "you're" words. Hyphens work well to simulate stopping of speech. you’re pregnant.” Alice said breathlessly.

My eyes went wide, this couldn’t be happening. “No…I can’t be. That’s impossible.” I looked at my dad and mom; again, the same thing I said about preventing run-ons. xD they didn’t seem too happy.

“Well, I just saw you holding a baby who had your eyes,” Alice snapped; she didn’t like it when people questioned her abilities. Oh. My. Gosh.

“Congratulations,” Emmett said, with a huge grin on his face. I didn’t know if I wanted to be congratulated, I couldn’t be a mother yet. Jake wouldn’t even have time to help take care of a baby with his schedule. A tear escaped from my eye, mostly out of shock.

My mom came up and hugged me. “Do you want to go talk?” she asked, trying to make sense out of my expression. I nodded before walking out of the house. We went to the meadow where my father and she went mostly before they were married. I sat down in what seemed like the dead center. Okay, so I don't like this part much. The dialogue is completely buried in the paragraph, which makes things weird.

“What’s wrong? I figured you’d be happy about having a baby.” She said sitting down next to me. I'm married, and now I’m pregnant. Jake’s never home either and I miss him so much.” Another tear fell from my eye.

“Your life is going to slow down now,” She wiped the tears off my face.

“Yeah, but Jake’s still never home, he’s always working. Will he have time to help take care of a baby?”

“Renesmee,she sighed. “I’m sure Jake will slow down his schedule once he gets the news, and don’t forget you’ve got a whole house of family members willing to help out.” My momsaid, once again wiping the tears. I deleted the other "again" because it was redundant. I hated crying; it showed my weaknesses. Watch out for verb tense agreement.I wished Jake was the one here with me right now telling me everything’s going to be okay.

"It’s just a lot to process. I’m going to have to keep the baby in mind with everything I do now, and I miss Jake a lot. I’ve barely seen him in the past two weeks,” I sobbed.

“I know why you don’t go to repair shop and give him the news?” my mom asked.

"He's supposed to be coming home early tonight. I'll just tell him then," I sighed. I guess I should've gone to the repair shop and told him. I looked at the clock; it was 11 PM and Jake still wasn't home. I called his cell phone. It rang a couple of times but went to voicemail. I knew he was with the pack, so if he was hurt I would've been called by now. I was staying the night at my parent’s house because I didn't want to be home alone tonight. My mom and dad left me alone for the most part, probably because Dad read my thoughts and knew right now wasn't the time to talk. I felt lonely. I knew it was ridiculous, but I did. I was a married woman who hadn't had a conversation lasting more than five minutes with her husband in two weeks. I let out a couple of tears before falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning with a headache instead of the usual morning sickness. I said good morning to my parents before leaving for my house. I realized while runningthat It didn't make sense otherwise. staying the night there might not have been the best idea since Jake left Tenses. for work early. I opened the door to see Jake standing right behind it.

"What's wrong? Your dad refused to tell me why you stayed at his house last night," he said in a low voice, hugging me.

"The fact that I have a husband who I haven't talked to in two weeks, and doesn't pick up the phone when he's out at 11 pm," I said, intending to make him feel guilty.

"I'm sorry," he said, hugging me tighter. "Sam kept me late last night and I was in wolf form so I left my cell in the car. Billy called and told me not to come in to work today, and I'm glad he did." Without the and it was a run-on.

I sighed. "Jake, something has to change soon; you’re going to have to be home more."

He looked at me. "I know, I told Billy to go ahead and hire another mechanic so I could spend more time with you." I forgot I hadn't told him about the pregnancy issue for a minute.
"Jake, I don't mean for me, yesterday Alice had a vision." I waited.

"Of?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered. His whole body went still and he tensed up. I thought my reaction was bad.

"No," he whispered so lightly I could barely hear it. I stayed silent, not expecting this reaction from him. Why was he so tense? Did he not want to be home that often? Did he just not want a baby? A million question and thoughts ran through my head.

Okay, so grammar. You really need to take a look at comma usage, dialogue, and run-on sentences. You had quite a few of those. I corrected the ones I noticed. As for the story line, I am not a fan of the Twilight Saga. However, I've read all the books. The story line is alright, but I have a few suggestions. Maybe you should use the ability Stephenie Meyer gave Renesmee (sp?) to make your fanfic even more dynamic. Instead of her talking about her emotions when distressed, make her just touch her mother. If you want. Also, you could expand Meyer's universe and add some original characters of your own. Overall, it was okay. I didn't love it, but with some work, it has the potential to become really good.

Keep writing!
~Sporks
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 am
Klpidnc12 says...

Thanks for the reviews :) I agree this definitely is not my best work.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:19 pm
TokioHotelVampire says...

This is good. I think for the most part, though, it's for Twilight fans, myself for example. I do want to know what happens. A vampire, werewolf, human hybrid would be so cool! But it does seem like you're making this like Breaking Dawn instead of your own story. You just switched the characters. But it's still good. I want to keep reading, personally. Hopefully, other Twilight fans will like it. =)
Mein Herz kämpft
Gegen mich
Wie'n Alien in mir
Ich steh auf
Dreh mich um
Alles blutverschmiert
Ich schau in den Spiegel
Und da steht geschrieben

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:46 pm
hockeyfan87 says...

Klpidnc12 wrote:I have over 3 versions of this story. I can't read my writing, it drives me crazy. I wouldn't say that this is an edited version of my previous post because I started this from scratch, this is about half of what I wrote. Please review even if you don't like the story I could use all the help I can get :) Enjoy

“I’m off to work.” My husband Jake said kissing me on the forehead. I groaned “We barely see each other anymore Jake.” He worked days as a mechanic at his Dad's shop and nights on the reservation. He didn’t even know I had been sick ever since the honeymoon. I was always tired and most foods made me nauseated. But I think that is partly due to Jake’s horrible cooking, and when I say horrible I mean horrible. His macaroni and cheese tasted like overcooked noodles with string cheese sprayed over them. “I know Nessie; I promise I’ll be home early tonight.” I looked at him we both knew he had no control over his plans. He kissed me quick and left. I got dress and went to Carlisle’s mansion. “Hey Ness, are you feeling any better?” my Dad asked. “Not really.” I sighed. I looked over at Alice he face was blank… she must be having a vision. My Dad gasped, he must have heard Alice’s vision through her mind. “What’s wrong?” I asked looking between my Dad and Alice. “Renesmee…you’re COMMA you’re pregnant.” Alice said breathlessly. My eyes went wide, this couldn’t be happening. “No…I can’t be. That’s impossible.” I looked at my Dad and Mom they didn’t seem too happy. “Well I just saw you holding a baby who had your eyes.” Alice snapped she didn’t like it when people questioned her abilities. Oh. My. Gosh. “Congratulations.” Emmett said with a huge grin on his face. I didn’t know if I wanted to be congratulated, I couldn’t be a mother yet. Jake wouldn’t even have time to help take care of a baby with his schedule. A tear escaped from my eye mostly out of shock. My mom came up and hugged me “Do you want to go talk?” she asked trying to make sense out of my expression. I nodded before walking out of the house. We went to the meadow where my father and she went mostly before they were married. I sat down in what seemed like the dead center.
“What’s wrong? I figured you’d be happy about having a baby.” She said sitting down next to me. ADD "I married, and now I’m pregnant. Jake’s never home either and I miss him so much.” Another tear fell from my eye. “Your life is going to slow down now.” She wiped the tears off my face. “Yea but Jake’s still never home, he’s always working. Will he have time to help take care of a baby?” “Renesmee.” She sighed. “I’m sure Jake will slow down his schedule once he gets the news, and don’t forget you’ve got a whole house of family members willing to help out.” My said once again wiping the tears again. I hated crying, it shows my weaknesses. I wished Jake was the one here with me right now telling me everything’s going to be okay. "It’s just a lot to process. I’m going to have to keep the baby in mind with everything I do now, and I miss Jake a lot I’ve barely seen him in the past two weeks.” I sobbed. “I know why you don’t go to repair shop and give him the news?” my mom asked. "He's supposed to be coming home early tonight, I'll just tell him then." I sighed.
I guess I should've gone to the repair shop and told him. I looked at the clock it was 11 PM and Jake still wasn't home. I called his cell phone it rang a couple of times but went to voicemail. I knew he was with the pack so if he was hurt I would've been called by now. I was staying the night at my parent’s house because I didn't want to be home alone tonight. My mom and dad left me alone for the most part, probably because Dad read my thoughts and knew right now wasn't the time to talk. I felt lonely I knew it was ridiculous but I did. I was a married woman who hadn't had a conversation lasting more than five minutes with her husband in two weeks. I let out a couple of tears before falling asleep.
I woke up the next morning with a headache instead of the usual morning sickness. I said good morning to my parents before leaving for my house. I realized while running staying the night there might not have been the best idea since Jake leaves for work early. I opened the door to see Jake standing right behind it. "What's wrong? Your Dad refused to tell me why you stayed at his house last night." he said in a low voice hugging me. "The fact that I have a husband who I haven't talked to in two weeks, and doesn't pick up the phone when he's out at 11 pm" I said intending to make him feel guilty. "I'm sorry." he said hugging me tighter. "Sam kept me late last night and I was in wolf form so I Ieft my cell in the car. Billy called and told me not to come in to work today, I'm glad he did. “I sighed "Jake something has to change soon, you’re going to have to be home more." He looked at me "I know I told Billy to go ahead and hire another mechanic so I could spend more time with you." I forgot COMMA I hadn't told him about the pregnancy issue for a minute. "Jake I don't mean for me, yesterday Alice had a vision." I waited. "Of?" he asked. "I'm pregnant." I whispered. His whole body went still and he tensed up. I thought my reaction was bad. "No." he whispered so lightly I could barely hear it. I stayed silent no expecting this reaction from his. Why was he so tense? Did he not want to be home that often? Did he just not want a baby? A million question and thoughts ran through my head.
when you grow up you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair and isnt wearing a black cape and easy to spot Lots of Love Jenn

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 am
niclie says...

good i liked it of course being a huge twilight fan and all

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda