z

Young Writers Society

Empress: The Triad (New Material 7/28/06)

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed May 10, 2006 7:38 pm
Empress Kat says...

Remember the native-american indians in war paint and what not... not for this story... but still, remember. :) see good things come from boring movies.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu May 11, 2006 6:36 am
Ego says...

Max climbed the steps to his room on the 100th floor of the Glass Pyramid. It always took a while to reach the top, but he didn’t mind because it kept him from getting fat from all the pizza and ice cream he ate.

“Freekin’ Dono and Kat…gotta have the top floor, just because she’s the Empress of the entire world and he’s her boyfriend...why can’t I have the 101st floor?” Max grumbled to himself as he took the steps three at a time.

As he passed the fiftieth floor, barely breaking a sweat, he strode passed the first of countless posters he had collected in past years. It was one of his favorites, framed in platinum and set off by diamonds embedded in each corner. The picture itself was a masterpiece; Jimmy Paige, the lead guitarist of Led Zeppelin, lovingly striking a resounding note on one of his many guitars. This particular axe was a gorgeous, double-headed, twelve string Les Paul. The colors were so vivid, the pose so powerful, the intensity so apparent in the picture that Max could almost hear the solo Paige was ripping at the time. King Max smiled as he drifted into memories of his past as a child, trying to mimic Paige’s thirty minute long solo that left Max “Dazed and Confused.”

Well, at least they got what they wanted with that song… Max remembers thinking, also remembering that he thought himself extremely clever for--

Max’s tiny attention span got the better of him and he lost his train of thought. For six panic filled stairs he bored until he passed the second of his posters.

“Gotta move that poster down a few steps…“ he whispered to himself, heaving a sigh of relief as he found something new to occupy his thoughts. “I hate being bored…” Max paused at the poster; this one was of a legend that lived hard and died young. Jimi Hendrix stared at him from behind glazed eyes.

As Max recalled more of his childhood, his eyes became similarly clouded, and he found himself drifting from portrait to portrait, remembering the influence each had had on him as he passed them. Though he had long since surpassed all his heroes and idols, he still loved to relive his past and remember the good times before his sister had conquered the world with her ninja army.

The portraits gradually became a blur, and he lost count of the number of steps he climbed.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri May 12, 2006 6:50 am
Snoink says...

Oooh! I love the imagery! The blurred posters of past legends... this is good stuff! The last sentence/paragraph makes it!

"For six panic filled stairs he bored until he passed the second of his posters."

The "bored" part doesn't sound right, and I would substitute another adjective in its stead.

Other than that, nice work... as usual. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat May 13, 2006 7:32 pm
Emma says...

Hehe. That is pretty funny, it caught my attention with it being set in a world of your own. I wanted to learn more about it and I really wanted to know the characters and to see what happens. It's good and I enjoyed it. I love how you did the looks on the first bit, very funny.

Heh, this is the first thing I have read in months so consider yourself lucky. Lmfao.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:07 am
Ego says...

The portraits gradually became a blur, and he lost count of the number of steps he climbed. Finally, he reached the great double doors to his room. Pure gold with countless precious gems embedded in them, the doors towered above the King’s impressive height .

“Freekin’ doors, always upstaging me…” he grumbled as he pushed them open. At least I can still push ’em around…chumps, he thought with a self redeeming smile. He stepped through and began to strip off his clothes to get ready for a sponge bath from his Belgian love slave, Sarah; he could already feel the soft, wet sponge sliding down his back--

“You’re not allowed to beat the EMPRESS at darts! What the hell’s wrong with you!” A familiar voice cut through his fantasy.

“No. Not in MY room…no WAY.” He pulled his shirt back on and stormed around the corner of his L-shaped room. The first thing he saw was his pal Dono standing off to the side, shaking with laughter. As he panned across the room, he saw himself in a mirror, Damn, I’m lookin’ AWESOME, and then his sister, the Empress of the world, throttling his Belgian love slave, Sarah.

“What are you doing!” he demanded. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing. Dono stopped shaking mid-laugh, Sarah stopping gurgling mid-choke, and Kat--kept strangling Sarah.

Max first looked to Dono, the rational one, for an answer. He shrugged and could offer no explanation. Max then looked to Sarah, the one being throttled. Sarah, being Max’s most dedicated servant, tried her best to answer, but all that managed to escape her lips was a garbled utter of terror and pain. King Max, the second most powerful man in the world, then looked to the only person who could stand in his way; the Throttler herself, Empress Kat. She completely ignored him, in typical Empress fashion, and tightened her grip on the girl’s throat, her eyes revealing her murderous intent.

“I can beat you at darts,” Max said, his voice barely a whisper. The Empress suddenly released her hold on Sarah, dropping her to the floor, where the Belgian girl hit with an ungraceful “thud.” She turned her head to look at Max, her eyes now verily glowing red with rage.

What did you say?” She demanded.

“I can beat you at darts,” Max repeated.

Dono slowly walked around the edge of Max’s bed and crouched down; even the most deadly of all ninjas knew when he was sorely outmatched.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:13 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hehe, that wasn't that bad.

Try varying the perspective for additional fun. I want to know what the Empress of all is thinking when she's doing that. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:52 am
View Likes
Empress Kat says...

sarah from weight training?

And I think the empress files should be from my point of view... since it's really my world. :D but I'm giddy to know you're writing again.

Love you, babe!
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace