two
we beat as one
two
spilling sugar star fire
sweet electric bright
hot white light
I swear we seduced each other
with words
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:44 am
Morran says...

What a fascinating, seductively innocent poem. (I only say 'innocent' because the primary focus, if I read it correctly, the words exchanged that led to passion... and not exactly the passion itself, though it plays a part. So while it IS seductive, the focus is about a passion deeper than a physical one. Yes?)

I love the "liquid" images scattered throughout, and the idea of drinking in the words that the other is saying, becoming utterly intoxicated with them. I admit that toward the end I had to reorient my thinking to remember that this poem was more about winning a lover with words than it was about French kissing. Still, I get the feeling there's also something going on 'in the background' that the words play a prominent role in, but we're only privy to a small window of a picture.

The last seven lines are my absolute favorite and finished this piece off very nicely, I think. I like the

"we beat as one
two "

After all the other "one-two" combos. Well thought out.

The only "bad" thing I might say about this poem is that it almost feels a little too rich with image, and on occasion the fantastic images you paint almost detract from what you're getting at, but it's actually a minor point, and I think that if I'd written it myself, I'd be more than satisfied and would leave it well enough alone.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:59 am
Chevy says...

well, i honestly thought i already commented on this...i guess this i havent then...
anyway, i liked it even though it was kind of lengthy and dragged on a bit. i got the concept, even though it took awhile to really grasp what i was reading. however, you did a good job and for once, i will not complain about the lack of comma usage.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:10 am
PsyLynx says...

sweet as hell. Damn, this site kicks TYWC's ass.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:17 am
Wulie says...

I absolutley love it I really do as like brads poerty its so different and ahhh I just really love it, the wordsyou use are beautiful!!!
wu x
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:23 am
Myriadne says...

Galatea, your poetry is wonderful, like a fine wine that goes down smoothly but is intensely intoxicating. You have such a wonderful way with words, bravo with this piece.

WHAT'S UP, POTATOES?
— Rudy (Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality)