You'll forget meeting me.
I'll forget you
Eventually.

Nothing but a dream,
A wish,
A fantasy. Was all I needed.

You watch.
I'll be Pain Free.
**Lifes not about playing it safe, its about taking risks, because you never know what you'll find, and living every day to the fullest, because it will never be repeated**

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:30 am
Amberla93 says...

I like this, it's very... easy to relate to. I think we all have someone we need to forget.

This is my favorite line:

"I'll be pain free.
My smile real.
My tears gone."

Just because, one day I was really happy and someone pointed out that they finally saw my "real smile" for the first time, in a ling time.

Good job. and keep writing!
Life is short, so make the best of the time you have!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm
Meshugenah says...

I absolutely love your message in this poem. My only complaint is that there's more you could do with this - you don't use much in the way of imagery, and I'd love to see some. All your audience knows is that your narrator was hurt somehow, but we have nothing concrete to see or feel or touch. So, while we can sympathize with the idea of pain or fear and lack of thereof, we can't empathize. I'd love to see more of the following,

Now like a child
Without a night-light
Scared to lift the blankets.

You have an image, and you use it! Do more like this, and you'll have a much stronger poem. For example, your narrator says:

I'm gonna show
What you've never seen.
A new side of me

And while your narrator may know what this "new side" looks like, your audience doesn't. So show us! Give us something - a before/after, maybe? Like, "No more X happening, I'll do Y." Not the best example, but it's one way to start reaching down and finding that imagery to go with what you want your narrator to express in your poem.

G'luck, and PM me if you have any questions! Thanks for what I'm interpreting as a rather uplifting read!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 am
ChocoCookie says...

Oh wow!

Hi Amberchelli. :)

This was one different poem compared to others. It really gave me a strong feeling. ;) I loved this poem completely.
There is something you need to fix.

First: When you have a comma at the end, the next line shouldn't start with a capital letter. Only if there's a full-stop at the end, you may start the next line with a capital letter. I don't know why we all do it. I used to do it too, until one day I saw my friend tell me, it doesn't go like that. We don't do that when we write an essay, do we? Why do we do that, no? Lol xD Maybe to make it look better. But nope. That doesn't come in writing a poem. :P

Here are the corrections to your poem.

Red Marks- Corrections

Amberchelli wrote:You asked me what was I afraid of?
My fears of being hurt.

Now like a child,
without a night-light,
scared to lift the blankets.

My fears
were almost gone.
Now they've regrown.

Could I trust?
Could you see?

A smile to the world.
I'll find my strength
one day.

I'm gonna show
what you've never seen.
A new side of me

I'll be pain free.
My smile real.
My tears gone.

C'mon Honey,
I'm moving on.
Your nothing but a memory.

You'll forget meeting me.
I'll forget you
eventually.

Nothing but a dream,
a wish, a fantasy;
A fantasy.was all I needed.

You watch.
I'll be Pain Free.

That is all. :D I loved this poem! ^.^ Great job! Hoping to see more of your poems. (Y)

Overall: You've done an amazing job, apart from the grammar which you will watch out, next time I'm sure. x) So, maybe an 8 and a half/ 10! <3' Good job!

Keep Writing, Mate! ^o^

Love,
Cookie _V_
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault