Sixth, oh yes, the ninth hour
Dawns the rays of darkness
Father, into your hands
I commit my spirit

It is finished
The end is here
Yet so is the beginning!

Spoiler! :
Finally back to YWS after months of school and exams. I'm home!!
Tend your flame. It's what all we've got.

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:33 pm
Sudichka says...

Nice :) I like it! Only when your writing bout the last hour, you tell what last vision it was of the thing your talking about, overall its good, keep up!
[color=#FF8080][/color]
Sudichka..

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:30 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

This piece is written in such a way that it is very open to interpretation. I think it's fantastic and really paints a picture in your mind, but I hesitate to say that I'm completely loving the vagueness of the piece. I'm completely clueless as to what it's about, so call me an idiot, but it seems it's about death and dying, yet beginning a new chapter after death.
That's an interesting way to look at things, and I'm also curious whether they are headed to heaven, hell, or some other kind of after-life? You pose life to be anguish and pain, and death to be an escape. It's a little bit suicidal in a certain manner, but at the same time that disturbing sort of aspect of it is very chilling and interesting to think about it. In my personal opinion, you should make the poem longer or somehow add more detail so as to make the poem not quite as vague.
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:56 pm
Audy says...

Temi,

I love the emotions expressed in this :) I also thought the flow and rhythm worked together quite well. My only critique though would be to implement more images and metaphor. Utilize more sensory details so that readers are able to actually experience the poem, and by doing that connect and care about your speaker. As of right now, like Swallowed mentioned, it's a bit vague and nothing is really specific. The abstractions only serve to water down the message of the poem. Go for specific, detailed imagery and I think you can really hit the message home!

Let me know if you have any questions,

~ as always, Audy

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 am
TheRabiesPuppy says...

I'm a fan of somber poetry, especially in your poem, the way you personify all these abstract ideas is really cool. I would say that, in order to make the abstract nouns you use seem more active, you should add in an interesting adjective before some of the nouns. But all in all, if you were sad or depressed when you wrote this, you did a good job of conveying that feeling, and after all, isn't that what good writing is? And if you weren't depressed when you wrote this, you sure fooled me (that's a good thing). Good job.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 am
emilybrodo says...

The way you use personification is brilliant, mixed with raw emotion really paints a dark picture. [i]The shackles of ignorance[i] really paints the picture that the selfishness holds down the person telling the poem. Nice skill with words and rhythm and words. You can really feel the depression in this poem springing out of me and keeping me reading. Great work.
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

The game

Free reviews here

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27