“What’s wrong with him, mommy?”
She pulls them close to her jacket
and whispers not to stare.
Let's run in some circles, mate.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:09 am
WrittenInStone says...

I liked the simplicity of this poem and the structure was well done. I have seen this happen before, personally I think that even if ignorance and naitivity are still present they should atleast learn to hold their tongues.

Anyhow, I couldn't really find anything wrong with the poem other than the the fact that I believe there is some missing punctuation where these two verses are concerned:

"snow falls on their cheeks << I think that there should be a comma or some other
on that big bright jacket punctuation here because it sounds like a run on to me.
as they point at the filthy bearded man...."

Otherwise, well done on this poem and I hope to read more soon.

~ Writteninstone.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:09 am
WrittenInStone says...

I liked the simplicity of this poem and the structure was well done. I have seen this happen before, personally I think that even if ignorance and naitivity are still present they should atleast learn to hold their tongues.

Anyhow, I couldn't really find anything wrong with the poem other than the the fact that I believe there is some missing punctuation where these two verses are concerned:

"snow falls on their cheeks << I think that there should be a comma or some other
on that big bright jacket punctuation here because it sounds like a run on to me.
as they point at the filthy bearded man...."

Otherwise, well done on this poem and I hope to read more soon.

~ Writteninstone.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown