the lovers hate
the corpses rise
and the laughter chokes

many have seen their apocalypse.
come, friend.
take my hand.
it's our turn next.
- by madison (gingerhead)

HEY GUYS I'M NEW AT THIS...TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?
Down once more into the dungeons of my black despair. Down we plunge into the prisons of my mind.....- Phantom of the opera

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:10 pm
PandaRawr says...

I think it was great. I like the theme and the repeating line Only at the apocalypse. The idea is great but when you get to the line about the elephants it threw me a bit. Other than that you only have one period in the whole thing and no capital letters. Just work on it a bit.
Overall I liked it.
-Panda
When you turn to face the sun, all of the shadows fall behind you.
I used to be Writer97 but that was boring so I changed it. PandaRawr is more me.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:05 am
Snoink says...

I really liked the opening lines! It's very catchy and I love the imagery of poets running out of words, especially since the image is so contradictory. Poets are not supposed to run out of words! So, that makes it neat.

A couple of things... you start off really strong with an excellent hook, and then your images get weaker and weaker to the point where it looks like you can barely describe what you mean without relying on tired cliches. Elephants forgetting is a cliched, lovers hating is a typical contradiction, and laughter choking is vague (why did you use the word "laughter"?) Corpses rising is more interesting because it evokes religious beliefs, but that's about all. So, instead of ending on a weak note, make sure you end on the strongest note possible.

I know you know how to write because your first stanza is so powerful. So, don't be afraid to do what you did then. Use startling imagery and expand on it. It will be much better than you thought it would be.

Best of luck! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos