No, no, no,
Am I giving up so soon?

Tap. Tap. Tap.
Not worth it.
Tap. Tap. Tap.
But I’m trying.
Tap. Tap. Tap.
And it’s over.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:08 pm
Caerulean says...

Nice! I like it. I like how realistic it is for writers or just people who are trying to write something, like homework or a school project or something. :) I specifically like the 'tap, tap, tap' and the 'click, click, click' xD. It creates such a nice tempo in the mind. :D Anyway, sorry that this isn't much of a helpful review.

Never stop writing! :D
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm
Kiaya says...

Hey, this is Kiaya Michέllē
This is amazing toots, but untrue for you. You are an excellent writer keep this up. Will all know how it is not to be able to write, some more than others. I loved it. I kind of giggled at the tap tap tap thing. I found that cute. Nothing like just reading a good poem in the morning. Keep it up. :)

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:47 pm
Daisuki says...

I have had writer's block lately with my short story, so I can really relate to this poem. Also, I really like the rhythm and the tap, tap, tap.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:25 am
creativityrules says...

This poem made me laugh! I have absolutely no idea how many times I've sat up at night, wanting to write but unable to find the words to express how I'm feeling. I liked how you used the words "tap tap tap"; it added rhythm to your poem. I do have one criticism: the title. You can write! Don't ever say you can't. Peace!!!
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:41 pm
Mirasol says...

Very nice. I like the "Tap.Tap.Tap"s, it stays in my head. :) A really good idea that no one would have thought of because its like writing about not being able to write. Ironic.

Tap. Tap. Tap.
Not worth it.
Tap. Tap. Tap.
But I’m trying.
Tap. Tap. Tap.
And it’s over.

I like your ending. Perfect. I like how it repeats the structure of the first stanza so it's kinda like a de javu feeling.

Although it's very depressing and discouraging, it's beautiful in it's own way. Good job! :)

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer