And save?
Why don't we do something,
Anything
Important?

We should live life
When we can
And we should fight
When we can't.
Last edited by tgirly on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 am
Daisuki says...

I really liked the idea of this poem. The words were a little plain, but the message was powerful. The ending was the best part, and if the whole poem had that much ring and clever-ness (am I even making sense?) it'd be amazing. I guess what I'm saying is find original words and phrases to use.

We should live life
When we can
And we should fight
When we can't.

I shall quote the ending because it will be echoing in my head all night. It's beautiful, and powerful, and really gets the point across. The phrase "and we sit" is very good too, but some of the other lines could use work.

Why don't we stand
And try
And help?
Why don't we do something
Important?

For example, this stanza. The words themselves are meaningful and I absolutely love the rhythm you have, but they're not very unique. I know you have the talent and ability to make them uber-special!!

I hope I helped, even just a little bit :)

-Dai
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 am
Cailey says...

I really like this, and it has an amazing message. I agree completely, and I love how you could be talking about anything. I mean, this poem could be telling us to go change the world, or you could be talking about something so much smaller than that. In any case, it's true.
My only problem is the flow. this is really choppy. Also, I don't like the period after sit. Anyway, I just realized how late it is, so I need to sleep. Besides, I don't really have any good reviewing to give you. Just try to smooth this out some, maybe it flow. Otherwise, great job!
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 pm
BelarusBirdy says...

Last stanza is my favorite.
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.
Florence and the Machine, Cosmic Love

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm
dogs says...

Hey T!!!!!! Dogs here with your review today! I really really like this piece! It is simple, short, well spoken, and it has a strong message. You have accomplished all of these in such a short poem which is not an easy task at all. Well done!

Sorry I don't really find much of anything to critique so i'll just say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics