z

Young Writers Society

Short Poems #1

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm
MasterGrieves says...

Spoiler! :
These short poems are either incomplete or deliberately short. I have done it this way so I don't waste 100 points for a 3-4 line poem. I will be posting more short poems, so be prepared.

Under Strict Law
No visits no love no hope no smiling no thinking
But feel free to use the internet
No? Not good enough for you?
Then shut the fuck up and watch MTV

The Nurse Morgan
Her outfit is so striking
She kneels by my bed
I know she wants to cut my head open
Knowing she will never be arrested

Intercept My Arrows
Let the awkwardness begin
And let the man take you by the hand
To show you a world of atrocity
And where you can't sleep at night
Because the walls close in
And you know you will never wake up

September 11th
Here we celebrate a tower falling
Two towers to be precise
The people that died on that day
Still don't know when justice is due

Dear Stepdad
You are a fucking bastard
I want to kill you in your sleep
I hope you never touch my mother
Love, your future stepson
PS I will always read Burroughs, no matter what

Froze
I can no longer move
The night's closing in
This must be a sign of isolation

Forget Me
I am no artist
I am no martyr
I am only a scapegoat
Point the finger at me
Forget me every now and then
Laugh at me endlessly
Point to me like a child
The winter's come early
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:51 pm
Betheny says...

Hey there, I must say that these are really short but sometimes less is more, right. I understand not wanting to waste 100 points for just one 3-4 line poem.

First off, I like these, the seventh one espcially. A good few of these are worth developing futher, deffinately the seventh one (I really did like this one).
For whatever reason I found the Dear Stepdad one vaguely amusing, I know for a fact I shouldn't but it just reminded me so much of someone I know and it's exactly what they'd say. I think it's quite true of some who are getting or have got a step father, they usually are quite protective of there mother, especially if they haven't had a dad for some time.
I like the first one, but I feel the swearing a bit unnecessary. I know it adds effect, but still... Personally I'd write it from the person who actually is under strict law and develope it futher. The first two lines are my personal favourites, they just convay a sense of sarcasm and strictness that I love.
My absolute favourite is the final/seventh one though. For m it rings true because I myself have seen those who are 'nothing special' and are actually used as scapegoats, if something goes wrong it just has to be there fault regardless if they were involved or not.

Please do keep writing, and I hope this has helped. Even just a little. Love Beth x.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:24 pm
wtbh says...

I really didn't know what you meant by "short," but you covered it. These are all really good either way, though. In my opinion because you're actually pretty good. If you maybe just give more imagery you can make them longer and more entertaining. Other than that these were quite enjoyable and quick to read.

~wtbh

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson