Young Writers Society

disappointment

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:32 am
IamHathor22 says...

The sorrow you feel
When you understand,
There’s no one to help you or haunt you.

The pain that’s inside
When you realize,
That sensation can no longer taunt you.

That feeling you get
When temptation draws near,
that makes you go mad with craze.

Though by now I should know,
You reep what you sow,
And you’ll be mine
One of these days.
All I that know is that I know nothing
-Socrates

Want Hathor's review? Write a note on my wall. Simple as that.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:39 pm
annaseale1998 says...

I feel as though this should be a two verse poem, because of where you put your rhymes. I think the whole thing may have flowed better if it were two, because I was taking pauses where the lines broke up, and that breaks up the rhymes. But that's just a personal preference. I couldn't find any other fault with the rhythm, although somehow it flows better when you read it out loud, but that's always a good thing. You started it and ended it very well, it felt finished, wrapped up and tied with a bow at the last line. The last stanza is my favourite, the rhythm was perfect, and the rhymes were great. I don't get why the title is 'disappointment', when the end seems quite happy, as though the person is happy with the fact that she'll be with the person she loves. It's probably really obvious and I just can't see it, but for now I'm a little unsure. The entire poem as a whole was brilliant, so great job!
-Anna
"For whether a place is a hell or a heaven rests in yourself, and those who go with courage and an open mind may find themselves in Paradise." - Eva Ibbotson (Journey to the River Sea)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Ooh! Nice ending -I really liked it. There length of the poem was nice; real short, and I didn't have to read a lot. The beginning was okay, but by the third stanza everything was just... I don't know, just kind of there? It didn't really make me feel anything. The ending really was the only part that was interesting out of it all. It was just flat.
Anyway, maybe that's just me.
Keep it up! :)
TSM
Formerly TheScratchMan.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Ooh! Nice ending -I really liked it. There length of the poem was nice; real short, and I didn't have to read a lot. The beginning was okay, but by the third stanza everything was just... I don't know, just kind of there? It didn't really make me feel anything. The ending really was the only part that was interesting out of it all. It was just flat.
Anyway, maybe that's just me.
Keep it up! :)
TSM
Formerly TheScratchMan.

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson