but now i promise you!
trust me once more..
I will make it all anew
and this time it'll be for true..

I am dying without my part
Its tough for me to breathe
please come back baby!
you know that I am weak..
Enjoy every moment of your life; you never know when it might come to an end...

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:12 pm
View Likes
zaid says...

Very nicely done. The start was superb ! but the second stanza missed out a bit , though the rest made up for it.
There's also a small grammatical mistake.
Zaid.
Sincerely,
Zaid.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:27 pm
misstoria says...

I quite liked this, but there were a few issues. First of all poetry needs punctuation now like stories. Even if you how it reads others don't. I very much like this but agree with Zaid, the second stanza is weak. You also need to pick the level of language you use, meaning you can't go from "thine" and "anew" to "baby" it throws the poem off. Most of the language you showed here sounded educated so I recommend changing the line "please come back baby". Otherwise I loved this, keep writing!
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:56 pm
dogs says...

Hey vrinda! Dogs here with your review for the day.. but first can I say.... CUTE DOGS PICTURES UNITE!!!! Woot woot! Anywho.... This is a very good piece. Strong in emotion and props to you for being able to put your emotion into words which is not an easy task at all. Although there are a few things still wrong here:

Firstly, I think you should capitalize all of the letters at the beginning of your sentences unless you are meaning to do that. Also you should add some more punctuation such as commas and periods and semi colons and all that jazz. Personally i hate grammar but it does make your poem sound better in the end. Also, capitalize all those "I"! Either capitalize all the I's or none of the I's.

Furthermore, although this poem is really good, the flow and rhythm is really off in several places. The first stanza is excellent but in the 3rd line of the 1st stanza:

"There were many things beneath the superficial"

Great line... But it is to long. It throws off the rhythm you had going so well. Same problem in the 3rd stanza lines 2-4.

Finally, you use a lot of really simple, overused, everyday words. Try to mix it up a bit! Broaden your vocab! If you are having troubles doing this then i suggest you go on a thesaurus and look up one of these simple words and choose a better word from the list. It makes your poem 10 times better trust me!

Well this is really good idea for a poem but it is still missing some things, it has a huge amount of potential. Keep up the good work!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

don't try me bro
— Seirre