There walked a man of the past on a road
leading to somewhere not known.
The world baffled him, It was not as it was, as if
As if ,Something alien had poured into the hearts of men
Men who once labored and persisted against odds
Were now lazy and weak, Too be of any use
In the hearts of men, anguish was moist, hatred burned
Discontent flowed like rivers falling into oceans
The currents , it seemed,were now too wild to control.
All seemed lost to him .
He wished to heal the world
Though he knew not how.
Frustration, his only reward.
And he squinted as he saw light streaks
Dawn broke , and bit by bit the sky lit
And soon everything around and under the horizon
Bathing all that came into sight in a crimson.
And a tremor ran through him
as revelation hit
All days mush end to make way for the new
And dawn breaks after the darkest hour of the night
And under the rising sun he whispered a silent prayer.
For them to understand.
Dawn had never been as beautiful.
Sincerely,
Zaid.

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:32 pm
MasterGrieves says...

I really liked this. It had a nice feel to it. I liked how you extended the lines. It gave it a real endless, decadent feel. It felt like the lines were going to go on forever. Good job. No, great. No, excellent. No, awesome more like! Have a good one, zaid. You've really impressed me.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm
wewinwelose says...

I really liked the meaning behind this poem, but I do have one major thing that kept bugging me. The rhythm. You started off sing-song, and then almost went into a style of prose or blank/free verse. I had to go back and read lines three or four times to figure out which rhythm mode I needed to be in, and because of this, the whole poem got messed up for me. Try to make sure all of you syllables line up correctly. The best way to do this is to count each syllable in each line, and make sure none of them are more than plus or minus one of the median of the numbers. I know that sounded like a lot of english class mixed with a lot of math class, but it will really help, and it will make your lines seen much smoother. Goodluck! :)
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.~Groucho Marx

I have a passion for all things literary, and I love to review the work of others :). PM me with a link and I'd love to review for you too!

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm
dogs says...

Hey Zaid! Dogs here with your review today! This piece is really good! Strong imagery and i like the rhyming! You really paint a great picture in the readers head so props to you for that!

Although, you do use a lot of great lines and imagery you also use a lot of boring, old, overused, everyday words. It gets boring for a reader to read the same words over and over again just in a different order. I suggest that you take some of these overused words and look them up in a thesaurus. Then choose an even better, stronger word from the new list. It makes your poems 10 times better trust me.

Anywho this was a really good piece and i really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault