Young Writers Society

Keep smiling. . .

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:24 am
View Likes
KattieCurtis says...

Sometimes the sun won’t shine,
And every year there comes a time when the grass stops growing.
You’re not always going to feel ok.

But you won’t always feel sad,
Or lost.
Because that which is lost is meant to be found.
Otherwise
It wouldn’t have been lost in the first place.

You’ll find yourself grateful
For the plain because it has made you more of what you are,
And what you can be.
And you’ll realize that it’s ok,

To just be you.

You dont have to like it. I'm not even sure if I do but I'm having one of those moments, the kind of moment when you stop putting yourself down for not being what everyone else is. Because you don have to be. Nothings ever as bad as it seems :)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 am
HollowPointSmile says...

I really like it! It's beautiful, and it has great attitude. I like how it talks about how you're not always going to be happy, but at the same time, there'll be something to smile about. It honestly gave me hope. Thank you for posting it. (:

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 pm
GeeLyria says...

Hi there, KattieCurtis.

Hmm... your writing is really nice. You have talent; you brought us a nice subject, you use good wording, and it flows well. I only have one thing to suggest you and that is... make patterns to create your stanzas. Take a look at it and notice how some of your lines are really long and others have only one word. If you work on that, I think that the reader will be more motivated to read it, since it won't look hard to understand, and they will appreciate your poem and you as a writer as well. :)

Oh, and also, you write "ok", but I think it'd look more professional as "okay". But that's a personal opinion. I don't know. xD

Keep writing!

~Solly<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:29 pm
murtuza says...

Hey, Kattie!

I like poems with positive outlook and a good message of hope. The only nitpick for me is that I find it to be to plain and drab. You've seemingly arranged the sentences to look like a well structured poem, though if you made a small paragraph out of the entire thing, it could pass for a neat little article.

The subject and concept is great and I think you've got great potential. I'm looking forward to reading more so keep the ink flowing!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25