z

Young Writers Society

A Home In My Heart

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:42 am
SwallowedByInsanity says...

You crawled into my mouth
And became the only word to escape my lips.
You overthrew my brain,
And now control my thoughts.
You slipped into my stomach
And filled it up with butterflies
You tickled my lips
And curled them into a smile.
You rubbed against my cheeks
And left an eternal blush.
You snuck into my heart
And built yourself a home.
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:05 am
Fullmetal13 says...

quick and simple. it's not really so much of the flow of this that i like because i don't think it flows but it seems more that it's not meant to. it seems more to just be 'i love you' to that special someone
"To hell with circumstance. I create my own oppurtunities." -Bruce Lee

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 pm
Silver says...

Oh, this is really sweet and short and well written. I love how, for the most part, you avoid cliches. Perhaps change the butterflies-in-my-stomach line, describe it more originally, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. Other than that, I would suggest beginning every other line with a lower case (and instead of And) but that's mostly stylistic.
Defying Normality: The Wicked Witch of Insanity

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:36 pm
dogs says...

Hey Insanity! Dogs here with your review today! This is a good poem, short, simple, and gets your point across. It is really cute :). I like the idea of having some one creating a home in your heart that is really good poem topic and it's cute. Anyways I have a few quick nit picks....

So this poem is very good but it still has some room for improvement. I feel like this poem needs more UMPH! A little more PIZZAZ! "ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHINNEEEE" (Billy Elliot). Sorry bad musical analogies... anywho! You need some more depth in this poem. And two big ways you can do that is by either add much more emotion or imagery. You have a really good start for an Emotional style of writing. This is a very difficult style of writing because it forces you to express your emotions through words which is not an easy task. Now, like I said, this is a great start but you need to add some more into this to increase emotions, your goal in this poem is to make the reader feel what you or your character feels in the poem. A way you can do this is talk about what happens when he touches you? What happens when he is near you? What does his breath smell like? How does that make you feel? What color is his eyes? What happens to you when you look into his eyes? Does your stomach drop? Does your heart leap? Use personification in here to increase emotion and tell the reader just how you feel!

Now imagery, building off what I just said, really dosn't go to well with this great poem you already have going but it is making the reader see or feel or hear what you see, feel, or hear. But in this instance i think you should just stick to the emotional writing.

This is a great start for a poem and it has so much potential to be a great poem! Keep up the good work!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney