Or race to white.

To be fine with gray
Is fine with me.
mistura is awesome and she loves you

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

I liked this poem, it had a lot of hidden meaning behind it whether you intended for that or not. the last line is quite as powerful to the reader as it could be, and I think if you maybe tried to fix that, it could really leave something thinking!
I definitely liked the idea of gray and colors being unnecessary, but at the same time you didn't really explain your reasoning behind your hatred of the colors. Short and sweet, it gets to the point, but it there's always room for improvement! Keep writing :D
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:08 am
Fullmetal13 says...

I like this. What I got across from this is that you want people to more accept what they have and the simple things instead of wanting more. I kinda get it. don't push your luck when you already have something that may not be quite as good but it gets the job done. I like this and I've felt like this too. If i'm wrong please correct me because i'd like to know what the central idea of this is. lol
"To hell with circumstance. I create my own oppurtunities." -Bruce Lee

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:44 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi, it's Al again, making a review! :)

I love the idea of rainbows. So I was immediately intrigued when you titled it 'ugly'

And then I found out that I'm right! Your poem 'Ugly Rainbows' is simply beautiful!

I think this is a great jump start for you. The poem is undoubtedly measured and studied. I don't think you did this just in one night! I think you put a lot in this short piece. It states in Science that light is only present when there is a presence of darkness. You made this true in word form. You hid sorrows and guilt behind the colors of the rainbow. And you want to change their hue to make your life better.

I can't see any flaws in your poem. But be sure to double double check! (Get it?) It always helps to review your own work to see your own flaws.

Great work! Keep writing and good luck!
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson