z

Young Writers Society

Problem

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Alliaaryn5665 says...

Spoiler! :
I know this is short, and it's not very good because I didn't give a sliver of effort to this. Just wanted to post something for the heck of it.

I tighten my coat around me,
Covering my bruises and scars.
Hiding them from the world,
And from myself.

The leaves crunch below my bare feet,
Stabbing them enough to make them bleed slightly.
I ignore thhe pain for now,
And for always.

You never cared whether or not I hurt,
So why should I care?
I would have to cut my wrists a million times
Just for a simple glance.

Everyone says I have problems,
Could it be the disease inside me?
Could it be my many battle wounds?
Could it be that I'm just me?

Am I a problem?
You throw me against the stairs,
Just because you know it gives you a window to never see me again.
I am a problem, aren't I?
You think you are any different from me,or yourfriends?Or this tree?If you listenhard enough,you canhear every living thingbreathing together.You canfeel everything growing.We are all living togethereven if most folksdon't act like it.We all havethe same roots,and we are allbranches of the sametree.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 pm
View Likes
ScarlettWinters says...

I really like this. It’s clear and to the point. Its not cryptic yet it still feels smooth and graceful like poetry should be. You really get the feel for the character and what he/she must be going through. Your character was abused and this topic written well or not is always moving. You are a lovely writer so this made the piece truly beautiful.

The leaves crunch below my bare feet,
Stabbing them enough to make them bleed slightly.

This line is beautiful, it adds to your character. It shows how they have felt so much pain that they can’t feel it anymore, its wonderful. Although I loved it message I found the wording slightly broken. Try this,
the leaves crunched below my bare feet
Jagged rocks, broke through my skin, enough to make me bleed

You throw me against the stairs,
Just because you know it gives you a window to never see me again.
I seriously love this line. Mostly because i must have read it a billion times before i understood its meaning. Love it

Overall this was a great piece of writing and I can’t wait to see what else you have!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:37 pm
View Likes
MikeMoney says...

Hi there, I liked this poem but found a couple comma use grammer errors -Look below.

I tighten my coat around me, Covering my bruises and scars. Hiding them from the world, And from myself.

You see, you capitalized after the comma it should be.

I tighten my coat around me, covering my bruises and scars. Hiding them from the world, and from myself.

I've seen this error through the whole poem. I suggest you re-read your work and edit to become better. Other then that nice job.
"If your horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate" - Taylor Swift #Stop Bullying!

Need (Re)views on your work?: page.php?id=1535

Hi everyone who clicks on my profile!...Um, not quite sure what else to do here. Yup, definitely new at this! XD
— Magebird