z

Young Writers Society

LSS: Sailing With Strangers OOC

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu May 09, 2024 9:43 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

I have become roleplay, maker of OOC threads...
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

18 Reviews

Fri May 10, 2024 2:39 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Alright, so here is essentially what I’ve been thinking of for the story. Of course a lot would be improvised, but a general outline will help with motivation so the story doesn’t get stale.

The story would begin (possibly at departure, or already out at sea) with a routine voyage on a merchant vessel which is perhaps a little lenient with the rules and occasionally smuggles or is involved in other criminal activity. However, the crew was hastily assembled and the captain knows very little of their history. Each character (including the captain) has some criminal backstory and they all hope that this job will be an escape from their former lives. However, nothing could be farther from the truth, and when they are driven to an island (maybe by storm, pirate attacks, or even a Navy frigate that catches them smuggling, or knows some of their criminal history), they find that for different reasons, it is the very last place they’d like to be. After whatever adventures would follow thereon, they set out again (perhaps now with a quest? I know Omni and Lady were thinking of there being some sort of treasure hunt). But, soon they find themselves in another world entirely. Either through a magical storm, in the midst of which they cross some magical border, or get sucked down a whirlpool or something, OR they get lost and enter fjord, or cross through a cave or something. Anyway, on the other side they quickly realise they are stuck in this other world.

And that is about as far as I’ve thought. Perhaps we could incorporate the treasure hunt idea with the other world part? Like the treasure is in the other world.

The main point that I’d like to make is that the crew all have different backstories and motivations, consequently they aren’t all after the same thing (so, even if they all want the “treasure” they might want it for different reasons, or have other differences that can suddenly turn friends and crewmates to enemies) which should give us plenty of room for conflict.

As for characters I figure each person can have more than one if they like, personally I was thinking of writing for Captain Saratoga (is that the name of character already? It felt familiar when I thought of it,) and possibly a first mate character as well.

Any thoughts?
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri May 10, 2024 2:48 am
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

Ooo! That sounds perfectly fine to me. I definitely think a treasure hunt would be fun, however we incorporate it in.

A ship full of characters who don't exactly trust each other, and a magical world, I'm all on board for this idea :D (see what I did there-- on board? like on board a ship...I'll see myself out.)
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
1:23 ━━━━●───── 2:28
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat May 11, 2024 7:14 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@KocoCoko @LadyMysterio (just in case y'all haven't seen the thread >.> :D )

Koco, whenever you have free time, dont forget to sign up in the Tavern ^^

I've made a pad for brainstorming here: https://omni.writerfeedpad.com/613
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

ahhh hii im heree
also :eyes: the plot looks really fun i love pirates hehe
they/she or she/they

18 Reviews

Sun May 19, 2024 7:54 pm
TheMythMaster says...

the main thread is updated! feel free to start making characters, there are already some being worked on in the wfp

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson