The Comedi-hen Strikes Again

by KateHardy

The comedi-hen strikes again,

She had much to grain,

As she and her hen-semble,

had much to cobble.

She was back at it with the puns,

with some new content about buns,

mixed in with a story about a heist,

and the local poultry-gheist

Yes the very same one

From a time long done

that caused her egg-sit

made her have to quit

For you see she had,

gone all the way to her dad

and reported the fowl-play,

so a lawsuit was filed in May.

So now she's back,

to pick up the slack,

so be there at the shtick,

and bring with you a peck-nic.

If your taste is im-peck-able,

it will not be regrettable,

as the puns are sure to delight,

in the gentle and cosy firelight

RavenAkuma wrote a review...

Hello, My Friend!

I saw this piece quoted in Squills, and was curious! Especially since I've been meaning to check out some of your work, after catching bits here and there in our mutual roleplays and clubs ~

Let me start by saying: I LOVE THIS! That's it, that's my review.

(Jk lol)

I'd challenge anyone to hate a chicken-themed poem! Not only that, but all your puns are on-point! The cute underlying story is great for a silly poem (and I did also read the first Comedi-hen to make sure I was caught up). I don't know if the Comedi-hen will return again, but for now, I thoroughly enjoyed her story and couldn't complain about a thing.

Tbh, my favorite part of this -the first and second poem- was not only the puns, or the fact that its official genre is "chickens," but the poultry-geist. As someone very much into horror, I am so tempted to make fanart XD

Overall, nice poems! Best of cluck going forward ;)

Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:23 am
theleevilqueen says...

I love how a simple chicken can be used in an amusing poem. The word play is im-peck-able. i must say the author sure did a lot of thinking ion making this poem. hope to read more from you soon.

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights